VIII

Disclaimer: Penthouse story and characters are not mines. I'm just a big SeokRona fan who still can't move on from them ( ꈍᴗꈍ)

Please forgive grammar mistakes and typos. (^_^)

================================

***

"Rona said she woke up late, so she couldn't come to have breakfast with us and would have breakfast at her own home. She will wait for me in the parking lot later after breakfast." Suryeon saw her daughter announce the message she received from Rona, stopping breakfast activities that were taking place at her dining table. No wonder Rona didn't answer Suryeon's invitation to have breakfast at Penthouse, it turns out that she might have just woken up. Or maybe it's just an excuse because she doesn't want to have breakfast with Suryeon and her twins. Is Rona still mad at Seokhoon?

Her thoughts were ceased by the sound of the cutlery being put, she saw her son put down his fork.

"I'll go ahead. Just tell Rona I've already left, maybe when she knows about it, she will want to have breakfast here because someone that she's avoiding is already left." Suryeon saw Seokhoon standing and took his bag. His breakfast was barely touched at all.

"But you haven't finished your breakfast yet." asked Suryeon.

"Don't worry about it." Seokhoon started to leave.

"Seokhoon-ah!" Suryeon stood up to prevent his son from leaving without finishing his breakfast.

"You can't be like this." Suryeon held her son's hand.

"Like what?" Seokhoon asked indifferently.

"You didn't get enough sleep last night, and you're leaving without breakfast? You're putting yourself at risk while riding your bike." Suryeon was worried about him.

"I'll be fine."

"Seokhoon-ah, I know you feel frustrated with both Rona and yourself. Okay, maybe your frustration with Rona's stubborn behaviour is not as big as your frustration with yourself. And I know you feel sorry and regret for what happened to her but you don't need to feel too guilty. Rona became like that wasn't your fault." Suryeon tried to reassure his son.

"Then who should I put the blame to? Blame you who should have told me if you are still alive and know who is the real killer so that Rona didn't have to suffer from living a life as the daughter of a murderer for one year?" Suryeon was stunned by Seokhoon's question.

"Oppa!" Seokkyung tried to warn his brother.

"I wanted to blame you, Mom. I wish you had told me the truth. If only you tell me the truth, Rona wouldn't have to live that such life. Nor would I be in a mixed-up feeling between helping someone I love or avoiding her because her mother killed my mother. If you had told us, Seokkyung would not take her guilt on you to Rona by bullying her and adding to her suffering." Suryeon was silent when she heard his words. She wanted to say something to defend herself or wanted to comfort her son when she saw there's sadness in his eyes, but she didn't know where to start because there was little truth about what Seokhoon said when he blamed her.

"But I can't. I can't blame my mother or my own sister. I can only blame myself. Because after all, I was just a coward, who made the decision not to protect her. I didn't have the courage to protect her." Seokhoon paused for a moment before finally leaving.

"You were only 16 years old at that time .." said Suryeon before his son left.

"Rona... she's also only 16 years old at that time."

Suryeon could only be silent and let her son's hand go.

"I'll go first."

Suryeon turned to see him walking away from her. She could only look at him until he finally disappeared from her sight. She felt someone touch her arm, she turned and saw Seokkyung stroking her arm before finally holding her hand.

"Don't take his words to heart. He's just in a bad mood to blurt out like that." Seokkyung rested her head on Suryeon's shoulder, trying to comfort her.

But Suryeon knows, there's an implied truth in Seokhoon's words. She only thought of her plans to get revenge on people she hated, she was hurt by Oh Yoonhee who previously betrayed her. She was actually aware that because of Yoonhee's feelings of guilt, she admitted to killing her even though she was not the murderer. But Suryeon ignored it without thinking that there is a girl who endured misery being labelled as the daughter of a murderer. And she ignored the feelings of her twins.

***

"You've been silent since we departed from Hera Palace? Is there a problem?" Rona asked Seokkyung who walked with her to their class.

Seokkyung looked at her schoolmate who was worried about her. She had been thinking about her brother's words. Those words her brother had said earlier at breakfast made her feel something she had never felt before. She watched for a long time her brother's girlfriend, Rona... because it's her who made her brother become like that. Her brother became a man full of regrets. Feeling too guilty about failing to protect the girl he likes, her brother becomes an overprotective man to his girlfriend which that called girlfriend didn't like he did it, making them fight each other. Her old self might scold Rona and say that it was all her fault because now not only her brother but her mother also felt guilty. The old Seokkyung will directly put the blame on Rona. But now, Seokkyung couldn't do all of that. She only could look at Rona for a long time, she saw a worry emerge from Rona's face. She really couldn't blame Rona. Because believe it or not, there was an unpleasant feeling that began to eat away at her heart. A pang of guilt.

"Seokkyung-ah?" She heard Rona ask her again.

"My brother." She could only answer briefly and walked ahead to their class.

When she arrived at their class, she saw that her brother's seat was still empty, there was no sign of her brother touching his chair.

"Seokhoon isn't here yet?" She asked Ahn Eunhoo who was sitting behind her brother.

"Not yet, his bike isn't in the parking lot either." Eunhoo answered.

"Where is he? He went first, where does he go? He didn't even have breakfast." Seokkyung took out her phone. When she called her brother, she saw Rona leaving the classroom.

"Why is he not picking up his phone? Where the hell is he?" Seokkyung from a few minutes ago has tried to call her brother many times but has not been answered yet. She then started to worry.

"Maybe it's because he was on the road so he couldn't pick up the phone." She saw Rona was already in front of her. To be honest, this occasion made Seokkyung a little annoyed with the girl in front of her. Because she was the one who made her brother's mood like this. She shifted her body and sat on her chair. She was holding back from taking her sentiments out on Rona.

"Here!" Rona put a plastic with a sandwich and a carton of her brother's favourite chocolate milk in it on her table. She looked at Rona in surprise.

"For Seokhoon, you said he didn't have breakfast yet." Rona went to her seat.

When Seokkyung was about to ask why she didn't just give it to her brother, the classroom door opened and his brother entered the classroom. Seokkyung looked at the clock, ten minutes before class started.

"Where have you been?" Seokkyung asked shortly after her brother sat on his chair. But, she only got silent treatment in return.

"Here, you have breakfast first." Seokkyung saw her brother staring at the plastic that she gave him then looked at Rona, after staring at Rona for a long time, her brother said "thank you" but not while looking at her but his girlfriend.

The sight made her realize, her brother knew exactly that it was from Rona.

***

================================

Thank you for reading my fic and giving me votes and lovely comments. I truly appreciate your support.
(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤