Tea

Sumire's POV*

52 days till the Arcana Duwelo.

I walk down the red carpet halls towards my youngest daughters office with a plater of tea in my hands. On the plater there was; her favourite biscuits (jammy dodgers), a pot of tea and a small jug of milk and a plate of chocolates as well.

Everyone was very busy today as it is coming close to the Picolino. Luca, Pace and Dabito were planning everything while Libertá and Falicitá were deciding the decorations and the activities. Nova and Stellae stood back while the others did their thing so they wouldn't get in the way. They both did paperwork most days or they would go out on patrols together. It was amazing to see the two of them open up to each other. Stellae was also getting close to the others, yet it seemed she was closer to Nova than anyone else which was strange because of Nova's attitude, but Stellae always had a way with people. Always helping them, opening up to them, caring for them, but never trusting them.

I opened Stellae's office door with my elbow. I popped my head in to see her looking through a neat bundle of papers. I clear my throat. She looks up from the papers a bit frazzled but calms when she realises it's me. I give her my warm smile.

She rises from her desk suddenly. 'Mama!' She says and gives me a a curtsy.

'Sorry for intruding Star, I just thought we could have tea together!' I say as I give a small curtsy. She smiles.

'That would be lovely Mama!' She says as she takes the tray from me and walks over to her small round table that was similar to mine at the opposite end of her office to her desk.

I close the door behind me before I follow her over and sit down on the soft plush cushion seats as she pours the tea. She fills my cup up half way before adding milk so it was to the brim. Just the way I like it. I smile and take a sip from my cup. She pours herself a cup as well before taking her seat. We sat in silence for a while, as no words were needed. It was comfortable. Like nothing else mattered other than this silence. We heard the birds chirping, the squirrel running up and down the tree swords clashing in the training grounds.

'How are you dear?' I ask as I take a sip of my tea again.

'I'm good Mama' she says softly.

There was something important that I needed to speak to her about and I knew this was the best way to do it but I didn't know how to bring it up in conversation. I knew she would be calm about it but I also knew she was afraid of what I was going to say. Yet before I could utter a word she spoke first.

'I don't meant to be rude Mama...' she says softly as she stares out the window not making eye-contact with me. '.....but why are you here?' She asks.

'Can I not come see my youngest daughter on a lovely day like this?' I ask also raising an eyebrow.

'Of course, but you never call me 'dear' unless something is wrong, you also never come to my office unless it's urgent that you mustn't speak about it in your own room and especially with tea because as you know well tea keeps me calm in a situation that must be kept calm, so what is wrong Mama?' She asks. I sigh knowing I have been caught.

'You can read me so well Star..' I mumble.

'Its my job to know when something is wrong Mama' she says finally looking at me in the eyes. I widely smile at her. 'Now what's the matter?' She asks sternly.

'Jolly told me that you used your second Arcana card two days ago, is that true?' I ask sweetly trying not to frighten her with the question.

She just nods.

'That's brilliant Star!' I say clapping my hands together. She shakes her head.

'No, no it's not!' She says as she tilts her head down.

'Why not dear?' I ask as I move around the table to kneel next her and see her face. A tear slipped from her eye to her hands.

'I'm a freak, I have three Arcana cards while others only have one!' She says loudly. I take her hands in mine and tilt her chin to face me. She gives me her sad eyes that I hate so much.

'You are not a freak Star! You are an amazing, powerful, strong women, that can defeat any man!' I say with power in my voice. She gives me a weak smile but that wasn't enough for me. 'You are more powerful and stronger than anyone I know! And I understand your scared for the others reactions but just understand that they will always accept you, no matter what or who you are, you are loved by everyone here and that will never change' I say as I move a piece of hair from her face. I use my thumb to remove the tears from her face as she gratefully smiles up at me. She pulls me into a hug in which I gladly accept. I hold her as more small tears fell from her eyes.

'Thank you Mama' she whispers in my ear.

'Of course, my shining Star' I say. She giggles. She pulls away and I see that smile that never fades and has brought so much peace to this island.

'I love you Mama!' She says.

'I love you Star' I reply.

Stellae gets up off the ground and helps me up as well. We go back to our little tea party. We chatted about all sorts of things. Such as; The Famiglia, Regalo, The Picolino and even a bit on The Duwelo. I could tell she was still in pain from that so I changed the subject quickly. She wasn't ready to give up her freedom, but she knew it is to protect our Famiglia and she would never go against that.

And this is why you are our shinning Star, Stellae.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1083 words

I didn't mean for this chapter to be this long but here it is XD

Hope you all enjoyed and dropped a comment and a follow! Thank you!