Waking Nova

*Stellae's POV*

I walk through the halls heading to my office. I pass Nova's office door and hear small snores coming from the room. I quietly knock on the door. No response came. That's not normal. I open the door quietly but quickly. I step into the dark room and see a figure with their head on the desk. I walk over to the desk warily but my nerves vanished as I realised it was Nova sleeping. He looked so peaceful. So happy. I brushed a lock of hair from his face. Once I moved it I could see his closed eyes and his button nose. I sniffle a laugh.

I look from his face to the papers on his desk. My hand still intertwind in his hair. I pull out a sheet from under him. T-the flooding plans? H-he stayed up all night to put this into action?. I look from the sheet to his peaceful face again. I smile softly. I take my hand from his soft hair to gentle move his shoulders.

'Nova' I said softly. He stirred a bit. 'Nova!' I said a bit louder. He started to wake.

'Hm?' He mumbled and removed his head from the desk but he looked like he could pass out from exhaustment any second. He had black bags under his eyes. He took a moment to recognise where he was before looking to me with tired eyes. I gave him a sweet smile he yawn in reply. I giggled.

'Morning....what time is it?' He asks stretching his arms.

'Nova it's 3pm' I say softly. His eyes widen.

'3pm! I missed the patrol! And the meeting! Shit!!' He shouts as he stands up swiftly as he walks past me to go to the door. I run to him and place a hand on his shoulder. He turns to me.

'Calm down Nova. I told them all you were working on an important situation that only you could organise it, they agreed to let you work on that and Libertá took your patrol shift for you' I say. He nods relaxes at my words. I sigh in relief. 'Come you need rest you look like you are going to pass out from how sleep deprived you are' I say I move to the door but he isn't by my side.

I look over my shoulder to see him sitting at his desk looking at the papers again. I sigh frustrated. 'Nova' I say sternly. He looks up at me. 'Bed' I sternly say.

'I can't I need to get this done its important-' He starts.

'Your mental health is important as well Nova!' I raise my voice he looks shocked. I clear my voice. 'Please come to bed i'll finish the paperwork and I will take over your patrols until your fully rested' I say leaning against the door frame. He starts getting up from his chair.

'Your overworking yourself-' He starts again. I give him a small kiss on his cheek. I have a pink flush on my cheek from the action. I whisper in his ear.

'I appreciate you looking out for me but I am the future Mama I can take care of myself' and with that I left his office as I headed to my own to finish off the last punishment for the men who attack Nova and I yesterday.

Once I finish I head to Nova's office once again to finish off the flooding documents. I took hours. Libertá, Dabetio and Pace came to help. They stayed with me the whole time. I was so grateful. A least Nova is sleeping now. The grumpy bastard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

626 words

Sorry for another short chapter but I hope you enjoyed reading!!!!