Picolino

Stellae's POV*

51 days till the Arcana Duwelo.

Picolino day has finally arrived!

Dabito, Libertá, Pace, Luca, Falicitá and I walked up to the church to meet all the children. I was so excited for this I ran ahead of everyone. Pace and Luca kept calling me back just in case I got hurt or tripped but I ignored them and kept running to the church.

Once I arrived there I was greeted by a long dark brown building with a stained glass window in front along with huge oak doors. I carefully opened the wooden doors just in case the wood doors would break and fall but thankfully they were sturdy. I entered the church and gawk at the beautiful building interior. It had a cream interior along with strips of oak in the corners of the church. It had tones of benches leading up to the alter. The alter seemed to be made of a type of white marble. It was gorgeous and beautifully made. Everything in this church was made by hand as I have been told. The building, the alter, the status the benches. Everything was made by the Regalo people and every was amazing.

'Wow..' I mumble but it came out in a loud echo in the church. Snickers were heard behind me. I turn to see the boys laughing at me while Falicitá was glaring at me. I ignored her glare and gave the boys the middle finger.

'Now, now Cariño that's not nice~' Dabito says in a teasing tone. I roll my eyes.

'Mhm then don't laugh at me' I say.

'Your too cute' Pace says patting my head. I roll my eyes again.

'Come on we have to put the decorations up for the Picolino' I grumble. The others laugh. Except one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        20 minutes later
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'And done~!' I say happily as I hang the last banner. For the past 15-20 minutes we all started decorating the church for the Picolino. Colourful banners were hung everywhere along with balloons, sports equipment, confetti and a few other small things. Children have been showing up with their parents now and then. The parents would leave after a small chat with us and the children played with each other. The kids were all so cute. They all told me how 'fearless I was stopping the super fast car the first day I got here' and 'helping defeat the bad men to give the nice lady her purse back'

I climb back down the ladder as carefully as I could. Of course that never works with my clumsy ass. I accidentally missed a step on the ladder and fell swiftly to the ground. I hit the ground with and oof. I landed on my ass but I knew I cut something on my back or the back of my neck. I grimace as I stand. I stumble over to the table where Luca and Falicitá were. I take a seat. I place my hand on the back of my neck and feel something sticky on the back of my neck. I wince in pain as I apply pressure to the wound. I quickly grab a napkin from the table and place it to the back of my neck. I look up from the ground to see Luca's worried gaze and Falicitá's burning scowl. I give them a weak smile. Luca stands up and comes to kneel next to me.

'What's wrong Dutchess?' Luca asks.

'I fell from the ladder and cut my neck I think' I say. He calmly moves from beside me to my neck. His hands trail down my neck sending shivers through me.

'The blood isn't coming from your neck Dutchess it's coming from the back of your head' Luca says.

'Oh..' it was all I could say.

'No worries Dutchess I can fix this within a minute!' He says cheerfully. I smile.

'Thank you so much Luca!' I say with a smile.