Tons of paperwork but blackjack break

*Stellae's POV*

'Finally finished...' I sigh as I place the last piece of paper on the paperwork stack.

54 days till the Arcana Duwelo.

It had been two days since the oven incident and Nova finally going to bed. The oven was going to be re-built as for Nova he has been asleep the entire of these two days. The famiglia were all extremely worried for him since that isnt Nova at all. He always shows up to patrol, he is always in his office, he is always at the exact same seat at the dinner table each night as well for breakfast and lunch. But I have assured him he is resting as he was overworking himself. Once the Famiglia heard that they calmed down as well as me as I realised that he was finally taking care of himself.

Since Nova had been asleep these few days I have taken responsibility for his patrols as well as the paperwork. Along with my own I must do his. Plus the patrols in the morning. I was restless. I did everything I could to help the Famiglia. I was extremely thankful that Luca had decided to keep me company. We had a small tea break here and there. It was lovely. He would be in and out of my office as Falicitá kept calling for him. She still hates me.

Luca keeps telling me she doesn't but I look past his lies and see the truth. She hates me for everything and it will never change. I sigh again at the thought of never growing a relationship with my older sister.

I rest my head against my desk. Closing my eyes for just a moment. I was just dozing off when a knock struck me out of my sleep. I clear my throat. 'Come in'

Luca appears in the doorway. 'I just came to check on you again Dutchess!' I smile.

'Thank you Luca. I just finished everything so that's me for the day. Thank you for your company Luca!' I say as I stand from my red satin seat.

'That's great Dutchess! And it was my pleasure keeping you company! If that is all I shall go to bed' He says happily. I nod.

'Of course! Sleep well Luca' I say.

'You too Dutchess!' He says as he shuts my door. I place the paperwork in a neat bundle to then give to Papa and Dante tomorrow. I turn off the lamps and I close my curtains. I step out of my office locking it before now heading to my room. I walk the empty halls. I pass a clock hung on the wall. 11:32pm. I grin to myself.

'Let's have some fun shall we?' I ask myself. Once I enter my room I lock it behind me and head straight for the balcony. I open the balcony doors. I lock them behind them as well. I jump off the balcony landing safely to the ground, landing into a front roll, then to my feet to ease the fall impact.

I run out the mansions gates with ease. I head straight to Regalo village.

*Pace's POV*

I won another game of blackjack. One of my best games in Regalo's many famous casino's. I grab all the money from the centre of the table.

'Lasagne, Lasagne, precious, delicious Lasagne~' I sang as the other men walked to other tables to place other bets. Dabito grunted.

'Can you stop! Your making me Los customers!-' Dante said but just as he finished. And I mean just. The casino door burst open. The figure that entered I knew. I knew exactly who it was by the looks on the men's faces. Lust, greedy, love. I growled lowly so no one could hear, but Dabito made a loud growling so most people heard. The beautiful figure move past everyone swaying her hips back and forth, but didn't spare a glance at anyone. She stared directly at us. Dabito and I. I gulped. I could hear Dabito chuckled darkly. The figure takes a seat next to me and in front of Dabito. She snaps her fingers at a waiter near by asking for an Irish whiskey and to be quick about it. I grin from ear to ear at her actions. Dominant.....Nice sight. I could tell Dabito was thinking the same thing from the look in his eye. That looked completely black from the lighting. Everyone was quiet waiting for the beautiful figure next to me to speak.

'What brings you here Cariño~?' Dabito asks as he shuffles his cards. Stellae gets handed her whiskey. She downs it in one go. Throwing her head back to do so. She puts the glass back on the desk. She asks for another. She turns to face us once again, but first she throws her suit jacket on the back of her chair showing her shoulders and the large cut down the front of the corset suit that we never noticed.

'Thought I'd come play a few rounds. Unless you wish for me to go to another table?' She says standing. I stand too.

'Not at all!' Dabito and I say at the same time. She giggles and sits back down and at last she is handed her second Irish whiskey.

'Brilliant!' She grins.

'Hehe your a funny one Cariño~' Dabito croond. I grit my teeth.

'So what do you want to play Princess?' I ask. She smiles.

'Blackjack' she states. Everyone burst out laughing. She frowns.

'Sorry little lady but you are sitting next to the winner of every Blackjack game he has ever played!' One of the men from the fruit market state. I puff out my chest in pride.

'Yes he's won 78 games without loosing!!' Exclaims a young girl. I send her wink. The young girl turns pink. The whole time Stellae stayed quiet. Playing with her whiskey. She looks from her drink to me. Serious face that scared the shit out of me. My reaction seem to come to my face as she grinned wickedly.

'Then I guess theirs more to lose then' she states as she finishes her whiskey. I widen my eyes.

'There is indeed' Dabito answered. I glare at the silver haired man.

'Well you in?' She asks. I nod.

'Of course Princess! Have to prove to you I'm the best!' I sent her a wink and Dabito scoffs.

'Let's begin then' she motions to Dabito to start the game. He complies and starts shuffling the cards. She was watching the cards intently as I watched her. Dabito dealed the three cards. I got a seven of diamonds, two of spades, and a queen of hearts. That would be nineteen in total. I decided to stay with my cards. Dabito looked at me. I nodded.

'I'll stay' I say.

'Hit me' Stellae says. She throws a card back to Dabito as he gives her another one. 'Hit me' she says again with no emotions shown. Amazing poker face. She grins from ear to ear this time. 'I'll stay'

I turn to her before I place my cards down. 'So what are we betting on?' I ask. She looks up at me with a raised eyebrow.

'I want all the money you won this week' she states bluntly. I gawk at her. Dabito burst out laughing. 'If I win of course' she adds on but smiles innocently.

'And I get a kiss from La Princessa' I state. She widens her eyes, but regains composer again.

'Very well...' she mumbles.

'Reveal your cards' Dabito shouts out. We flip our cards. I look over to her cards. My confident grin fades fast.

She had; A Jack of spades, Jack of clubs and an Ace. She won.....

'I win!' She states. Everyone in the whole room was first silent but starts to clap loudly, whistle, shout and congratulation her. Dabito grins at her. He soon joins in. I'm still frozen. That is until a hand is placed In front of me. 'The money?' She says coldly. I hand her over my winnings from today. 'I expect the rest within the week, understood?' She looks up from the money. I nod. She puts the money in her pocket.

'Who wants to beat me!?' She shouts out. I couldn't help but smile.

Definitely Papa's daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1387 words!

Extremely proud of this chapter really hope you enjoyed!!!!