Chapter 27

'Today is a new day.' I tell myself as I finally pull myself out of bed to get ready for school.

"Honey! Ryder is here!" My mom yells from down the stairs. I sped down the stairs while trying to pull on my toms, resulting in me falling and crashing down the stairs. I pull myself into a sitting position to see my mom standing in the kitchen doorway holding her stomach in laughter.

"Really funny." I mutter as I pull myself into a sitting position. Suddenly the door is pulled open and Ryder bursts through the door screaming

"SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT STANDING THERE! ERIS ARE YOU COMING?WE HAVE TO GET TO SCHOOL."

 I looked at her with a confused face until I realized she had headphones in.

"Ryder!" I yelled, trying to get her attention again, as she was being to get lost in the song.

"What? You don't have to yell." She said as she took out her headphones. 

I walked toward her grabbing her hand and leading her out the door. As I closed the door I shouted , "Love you mom!"  and heard a distant, "Love you too baby!" from inside the house.

The drive to school left my voice raw from all the singing we did.It was only when we were exiting the car that I realized why I had asked her to drive me.

"Ryder do you mind driving me home today? I have something I want to talk to you about."

She then got a curious look on her face and asked, "Does this have anything to do with the fact the Blake always takes you to school in the morning AND in the afternoon."

"Yes but I need to explain it all to you later...please?"

"Okay fine but are you mad at Anna too, I don't want to be mad at her."

"No no its okay. I will figure it all out soon. I just don't want to keep you in the dark."

"Well I guess you will tell me after school ends."

"Yeah, bye Ryder."

School went by slowly like always. Blake and Anna kept their distance. They were giving me space, like they promised. But I couldn't help but wonder about how it would feel to be held in Blake's arms.It has only been 24 hours since seeing him and I am practically dying. Thoughts of us together stayed in my mind all day. By the end of the day I was dying to see Blake but I knew that I needed to tell Ryder everything. I have only held the secret for a day and I was already bursting at the seams to tell her. I guess that is the difference between me and Anna.

I arrived at Ryder's car a couple of moments before she did so I decided to pull out my phone and check my texts. I saw that I had gotten one from Ryder saying that she got held up by a teacher and that she would be here in a few. I replied with an 'OK' and went to the other text from Blake. It said, 'Hope you got to school okay. Remember, you can talk to me about anything. I love you.'

I hesitated and then replied with an 'I know, I love you too.'

I am not really mad at Blake. I just need time to things through. I want to tell Ryder everything and then talk to her about it.

"Um Eris?" I looked up to see Ryder standing in front of me.

"Oh sorry I spaced out for a moment."

"Oh okay. What did you want to talk about?"

I sighed and said, "It's kind of a long story.We better start driving."

"What?!" Ryder yelled as she swerved the car from side to side to add effect.

"That is not possible.They cant be...werewolves."

"I know.I thought that too.But I saw one with my own eyes." I said with a small smile.

"SO you are saying that you are the 'mate' to a werewolf and that means that you two are soul mates. Anna is also a werewolf as well as the entire school.They can shift when they want and they live together in a 'pack house'. Blake is the leader and since you are his mate, you the leader too?"

"Yes?" I say, but it comes out as a question. This is all so confusing.

She stares at the road for a moment before shouting out, "That awesome! You are like the queen!" On My and you get a soul mate! Lucky!"She ends rambling.

But Ryder you don't understand. If I say the okay then that would be my life. Forever. I would be living with werewolves. How can I do that? Oh god I can't do any of this."

"Eris calm down." We came to a stop in my driveway. Once the car had stopped, Ryder turns to me and says, "Eris, this is your choice. Its your life. If you want to do this then I am with you. If you want to live with werewolves then I will to. If you want to skip down after high school ends, I will go with you. Take your time. No one is rushing you."

I was quick to respond saying, "Thank you Ryder. Thank you so much. For everything. I told my mom about all of this but I couldn't really talk to her about it."

"I understand. Do you want me to stay here tonight? We can talk about everything."

"That would be awesome. Thank you. "

That night Ryder made me forget about everything. We talked, ate food and watched my favorite movie of all time, 'Phantom of the Opera'(A/N-Comment if you are obsessed) Then I realized just how luck I was to have Ryder in my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I don't know why I always end up updating late at night. Guys I am really proud of myself for updating twice in a month. I know, it sounds sad but this is a major award. I hope you all love it. It is a little small but i have big plans for the next chapter.                   Vote                           Comment