CHPTR 17 - Let them Ride

As I made my way to the horse stables to ready myself while the other men got ready, the only thoughts that were swirling in my head were that of the conversation of last night. I was so caught up with my thoughts tha

"Hey there little lady." A gruff voice spoke behind me as I mounted my bags on my horse.
"What's a pretty thing like you doing here?" When I turned around I was faced with a gruff looking man and some other scrawny looking man. They were new. With how they held themselves I can tell that they either came from being a guard in a prison or even just new at guarding all together.

"I am getting ready to go. I suggest you do the same." I reply with a snark.

"Woah calm down there lady. We don't mean to cause any trouble. Just give us your name." The flonky looking man said as if it was an order. Hah, for them to think they have any right to order me.

"Hmm, Give me your names first." I say with a smile. Not that I care much about their names, but just to report them to the head on the expedition, Technoblade, of course.

"Well if you insist, I'm Johnson, and this here is my buddy, Maurice." Johnson spoke, leaning further toward me.

"Good to know, now if you will excuse me, I have to go report you now." I say as I grab my horse by his reins and walk toward the large doors.

"Woah hey now lady, no need to be so rash-" Meow-rice quickly interjected, his arm reaching out to me, only to be stopped by a hand gripping onto his tightly.

My gaze followed the arm up to Baker who stood straight, clad in armour, looking far more intimidating than I've ever seen.

"Miss, Technoblade requests to see you." Baker bowed slightly, not taking his gaze away from the two now quivering men.

"Right, Is he at the front of the gate already?" I ask, smirking at the men who looked at me with shocked glances. I handed my reins to Baker's free hand that he held out for me.

"Yes, Technoblade awaits you by the front gates." He looks once at me with a sweet smile and turns back to two men with a grimace.

I hum as I walk away. Scummy men like them shouldn't join this expedition.

Speaking of expedition- I have no idea what Techno will say-

I sigh, if only I was left to my thoughts for a tad bit more. Maybe I could come up with some sort of excuse to just calm myself, but before I knew it, I was standing by the gates.

"Techno?" I called out. No response. Then I hear the sound of horse hooves and feet slapping on the tough ground.

"Ah, Hello (y/n)! I've already explained to Technoblade, don't worry dear." Phil and Techno walked up to me, Techno on his horse.

I looked up to look at Techno. His face was neutral as he met my gaze.

"I will allow this, however you will be at the front with me." He said, sighing and softening his face.

I grin and go to hug Phil in appreciation for all he's done for me.

"Woah dear, I do think you should hug Techno for even agreeing." Phil giggled as he hugged me back. He had a point. I broke from the hug and quickly walked over to Techno who was still on his horse.

I opened my arms to him and smiled all giddy. He looked at me and chuckled, motioning me to get closer and when I did he pulled me up, hoisting me to the horse so I would face him.

"I- don't think this is how you ride horses." I mumble, heat rising to my face and ears.

"Hm, who's to say that." He smirked. "See you later Phil, The men are waiting."

Phil waved goodbye before spreading his wings and making his way to his balcony.

"It'll at least be a great time with you to accompany me this time." He pulled my face to his as he grabbed the reins in one hand.

I flushed and wrinkled my face to pull back.

"Speaking of coming with you. Some of your men were acting quite, hmm how do i say this, quite 'fond'." I hummed in distaste. Not that I couldn't take them on. I was sure I could. But I felt that a more professional response would be good.

Techno squinted. "Was it Johnson and Maurice?" he questioned, slowly pulling towards the doors we will be exiting. All the men on their horses and Baker standing at the front with my horse in hand.

"hmm, it does happen to be so."

Techno hums and motions something to Baker as he lets me mount my horse.

"Yeah they have been warned multiple times about their manners. This is the last straw however." Techno growled as Baker brought forth the two men.

I glared at them from atop my horse.

"Hello men." Techno greeted in monotone.

"Hello sir." The two responded as if the response was engraved into their being.

"I've heard from my dear here, that you were being friendly with her?" He looked down at them and from where I could see. They looked absolutely mortified.

"No! Sir, we didn't know she was with you sir!" Minced-rats tried to explain.

"But this isn't the first time." Technoblade continued, "I've gotten reports from young women saying that two of my men have been harassing them. I have given you enough time to redeem yourselves." Techno growled.

"They only ever made a report once." Johnson was grimacing, acting like a child who just got caught with his hand in a Jar.

"It is once too many." Techno challenged. The tension in the air grew as Johnson went to open his mouth again, only to shut it back when Technoblade sent him a glare. A glare as sharp as a dagger.

"You are renounced from the expedition and any duties as knights." Techno spoke, finality in his tone. The two men stayed quiet and 4 other men came by and escorted them out, leaving their horses and their belongings.

"Woah Techno, That was actually, amazing." I mumbled as he came to my side next to my horse.

"I know, I simply hold that much power." He grinned like a proud dog.

"Right, but now who will replace those two?" I asked, knowing that with the two spots that are now open, we would need two to replace them. Can't go on an expedition with an incomplete amount of people.

"I'll be joining you all today." A very familiar voice spoke out with a pair of hooves getting closer.

There was a bit of a commotion with the people. Gasps of 'Prince Wilbur' and the sort.

"Ah alright then!" I giggle and sigh as the prince reaches us.

"Glad to accompany you." Wilbur bowed slightly on his horse.

"As am I." Baker interjected, now on a horse himself. I looked over at Techno in surprise. He just turned to face the gate, getting to the front to lead the group.

"Let us ride." Baker said, following Techno and Wilbur as they headed to the front.

I feel this will go great.

I smile to myself, following them to the front as the gate started rising.

"TO THE BADLANDS"

—————

( a/n - been a while huh? - )