CHPTR 14 - potions

It was raining much harder now, much more than the days prior. I stood by the big window at the library, looking down at the streets. They were nearly empty, the bad weather forcing the people into their homes.

Techno had gone on an expedition a few days ago and I did not have anything to do but read and explore the halls of the castle. I couldn't hang around Tommy because he would just make fun of me for sure, plus, he was playing with his friend and I didn't want to intervene. And Wilbur? I just couldn't find him.

Thoughts of being in that prison when it rained, flooded my mind. That was one of the many reasons having the lowest cell in the prison sucked was when it rained, water would flow into my cell. The thoughts of the girls I meet. Cantara and Pintaco.

"What are you thinking of?" A very familiar voice said from next to me.

With a yelp I turned to see Baker, his uniform as neat as any. He looked far more professional here than he ever did in that damned prison. I sighed, going to sit in the loveseat, he followed, standing straight beside me.

"Don't tell me. You miss Technoblade." Baker guessed smiling like an oblivious dog.

"I just don't have much to do. It's so boring." I complained, stretching out against the loveseat.

"You can explore the cast-" "Already did that" I interrupted, rolling off to the floor.

"And I can't talk with Will or Tommy." I groaned.

"Talk with the king then." Baked seemed to be joking but that was an idea I was going to do.

"Thank you Baker! You're the best." I rushed out, leaving him in the library alone.

I made my way across the halls, remembering the way and looking around to look for the large doors to Phil's office.

Now that I stood in front of the doors, they loomed over. I don't think I had the confidence to even knock. I didn't have to though, they opened not too soon after, Phil standing there, holding them open.

"Hello dear, what do you need?" He motioned for me to get in the room.

"Ah- well I was just kind of bored, so I was wondering if you would like to talk?" I sat on the seat across from him when he sat down. His office was so much larger than I expected, books lined the walls from floor to ceiling. There were also many artifacts that covered tables around the room.

"Talk about what?" He leaned back in his chair, looking at me in question.

"I- I don't exactly know." I admitted, looking through all the artifacts when a particular set caught my eye. They were some flasks with swirly liquid. They let off a faint glow, each with their own color.

"What are those?" I asked, pointing at the flasks at the table.

"Oh? Those are potions. They each have a unique ability." Phil got up and went to the table, grabbing a bright green one.

"This is a potion of leaping. It makes you jump higher. Like, so much higher." He giggled, he sat down on the desk, legs crossed. He brought it close to me. I saw the liquid swirl, it glowed with power.

"Would you like to try it?" Phil asked, lifting the flask to look at it himself

"What? But isn't that the only one?" I looked at him in shock.

"Nah, I could always make more. Plus it is not like I use them much anyway." He unscrewed the cork and tilted the bottle towards me, telling me to drink.

"All right-" I gulped. "Do I have to drink all of it?" I asked him, taking the flask from him.

"Yeah, ignore the taste, and feel of it, just try to swing it down in one go." He kept watch.