CHPTR 8 - Castle

"I- I would love that!" I gasped. My stomach filled with butterflies as I held his hand.

"Could you really do that?" I asked, lifting myself to sit on my knees, gripping his hand with care and force.

If that really were to be possible I would be elated!

I can already imagine running through the streets again and the wonderful lush green grass when you go just far enough away from the town and into the woods.

"Yeah, I can take you right now? If you so wish?" He leaned a bit forward, smirking, "I could do anything for you if you so wish." He whispered close to my face.

"WOAH HAH, TODAY? WELL THAT SOUNDS GOOD! MHMM!! VERY GOOD, I'LL GET READY!!" I flushed as I got up quickly, facing away from him. I couldn't hide the blush that suddenly overcame me. I looked frantically for something to switch the subject and i quickly got the cape, turning to face him and shoving it into his chest with, admittedly, more force than I should have.

He let out a chuckle and just gave my head a pat.

"So you ready then?" He asked, looking around the pretty barren room.

"Oh no! Let me just grab a few things and then we can go!!" I jumped around in excitement. I did a little dancey as I gathered what few things I had.

"There is a carriage at the front. Do you want to say bye to your friends?" He held the door open for me as I put my blanket over my shoulder, yes I did just grab my blanket and tie my stuff inside it.

"Yes please!" We walked towards where Baker and the girls were hanging. And they looked at the makeshift bag I had and their smiles fell a bit. Cantara seemed clueless though, far more focused on watching Baker then what was happening.

I offered them a big smile and hugged the girls that I have only known for a while yet felt close to already. Cantara snapped out of her daze and hugged back albeit she seemed confused.

"It was wonderful to meet you girls, I hope to see you guys again! I'll most definitely try to come and visit." I gave them a soft smile.

Pintaco looked at me in disbelief but smiled nonetheless, she teared up a bit.

"What?! But we never got to have a girls night!" Cantara seemed genuinely worried. Pintaco sighed but smiled.

"I'll keep her company, don't worry, go to your prince hun." Pintaco whipped her eye and wrapped her arm around Cantaras shoulder.

I giggled and I saw Cantara pout. "I'll do what I can for that girls night ok?" I promised. Her face lit up and she nodded.

I turned to Baker and gave him a hug. "Thank you for keeping me company."

"Oh you ain't seen the end of me yet girly." Baker hugged me.

I look at him bewildered.

"Yeah he's coming back with us. I did appoint him after all." Techno clarified.

"Wah?? The hottie isn't staying?" Cantara whined. Pintaco sighed and Baker flustered.

"You guys should go." Pintaco groaned and dragged Cantara away. I giggled and waved them off.

Gosh I sure will miss them.

"I'll see what I can do about them." Techno cleared his throat as we made our way to the front.

"Thank you." I smiled but suddenly I remembered when we passed the entrance about my living situation.

"Wait- Where am I going to go? My house has most likely been taken over by my neighbors after they heard of my imprisonment." Gosh at least while in prison they were not a problem with the amount of junk they would throw at me. I cringed at the thought.

"Oh, right, I forgot about that. You're going with me to the castle." He spoke as if it was nothing.

"What?! Is that even allowed?" I questioned. I couldn't possibly do that and i voiced that thought.

"Don't worry about it, really. Like actually, I will toss you back in there if you complain." Techno said and I gulped, backing up to Baker who laughed.

Techno also laughed as he opened the door to the carriage, "I'm joking, obviously. I wouldn't do that to a friend." He said, climbing in after me and Baker.

For as much as he was a prince, he did things on his own and was kind to others. Or he just repays the people who have done him good. I shake my mind from my thoughts and ask him if it really is alright.

"Yes, It's alright. Plus, Wilbur wishes to meet you." He said, his cheeks tinting a bit in embarrassment.

Baker stifles a laugh and looks at me with a smirk. Oh as soon as we get out of this carriage, I will wipe that smirk off.

------------

It didn't take that long to reach the large wall that separated the rich from the rest, and my stomach tightened a bit at that. It hurts to admit it but the rich and poor are separated, figuratively and literally. That is another reason. We won't really be equals huh...

"Alright let's go." Techno got out and held his hand out for me to grab to get down. All the past thoughts disappeared and my heart swelled.

"Hurry up and stop staring girly." Baker said from behind me when I didn't move.

I quickly jumped out with the help of Techno and turned around quickly, sticking my tongue out at Baker.

"Now, let's go." Techno leads the way into the castle, but I don't budge as I look up to the tall walls and windows. It was so big. The walls of stone that almost reminded me of the cell walls had it not been for the way they were accented with small details I would have mistaken for the prison. The entrance is big, the doors stood tall with glory.

"Come on now." He held his arm out for me to intertwine my arm with his, and I did.

Baker stood tall as he walked behind us, face neutral yet with purpose.

The guards at the door nodded a salute and opened the large doors of the castle.

( - another chapter??? What is DirtBlock on??? - )