Chapter 18

"How was your journey?" asked Tyler curiously.

"It was fine, just can't wait to start working," I said honestly. "Why didn't Ryan come?"

"Err, he was busy, " he said.

"Okay." I was glad that Tyler came although I am confused as to what Ryan is busy in. He has been a little distant ever since I left for Snowdonia. I need to know what's going on.

I heard my phone vibrate in my pocket. I looked to see Ryan has texted me.

"Hey babe, I hope you reached safely. I am sorry I couldn't come as I had a dinner meeting. I will pick you up for breakfast tomorrow at 8:30 am to make up for tonight. Missed you x"

Ryan doesn't know how sweet he is. I admire his love for his work and I hope one day I am dedicated to my work as he is dedicated to his. I was thinking things unnecessarily, he is busy with work which I understand. I quickly replied yes for tomorrow and went back to looking at Tyler.

"You know the address?" I asked looking out the streets. He sure does know the routes around London.

"Yes, Ryan told me." He was avoiding my gaze. "How was home? Mia?" Of course, he would ask about her sister. I guess he was trying to small talk to reduce the silence between us.

"She was fine, everyone was fine, " I had to ask what was on my mind. "Tyler, what do I need to figure out?" I asked while looking out the window. There was little traffic.

"Nothing, I don't know why I said that to you." He wasn't good at hiding emotions.

"Tyler, either you are great at hiding your feelings or very poor at hiding it but I am going to need a proper answer."

"I don't know what to say to you, Sasha. I guess I wanted something more with you than just a kiss, " he finally admitted.

"You know I am with Ryan though." I said feeling a little sad. My heartbeat a little fast at his words. He does feel something for me.

"I know, that's why I kept it to myself for this long."

"You know, I wish things were a little different. I wish I could say that back to you but it would be betraying Ryan and I can't do that to him since he's been through a lot." I was confident in my confession.

"I understand, don't worry I won't stand in your guy's way." He smiled but it didn't reach his face.

We drove rest of the way in silence. We reached the flat of 25 story building. I quickly checked the email to see which floor I was in. Tyler carried my bags inside the hallway until I checked further details.

"Come, it's this way, " I ordered Tyler towards the lifts. I am on floor 6 so it's not that bad. I went towards the door of my flat and knocked. I heard footsteps coming closer behind the door. A beautiful blonde-haired girl opened the door and smiled broadly.

"Hi, I am Sasha, your new roommate." I smiled back at her. She looked at me a little compared to how she was eyeing Tyler. The thought of her with him gave me goosebumps.

She looked back at me and extended her hand towards me, "hi Sasha, I was expecting you. I am Jessica by the way." I shook hands with her. She seemed friendly, I hope we would get along fine. "Your voice is as pretty as you look." She gestured me to come in.

Did she just compliment me? I looked towards Tyler to see him feeling shy. He was looking everywhere but at her.

"Oh, thank you and same to you. This place is beautiful." I said looking all around.

The flat was welcoming from the open door to the wide hallway. Upon the walls were beautiful sketches of scenery and flowers. The floor was a beautiful shade of grey carpet and melted your foot right in it and the walls were white as snow. The flat had the new modern theme to it but it also felt home. I can see myself relaxing in one of those sofas with a book in my hand. I was so engrossed with the place that I completely tuned everything out.