Chapter 2

" I don't know what to do!" I was soo frustrated with my self. Staring at the mirror and don't know where to start. I am getting late for Mia's birthday party. She texted many times insisting for me to come over as the beautician was there to get her ready for the big day but I didn't want to burden her more by paying money to the beautician. However, now it seemed like a good idea.

I picked up my phone from the dressing table and decided to text Maya to come a little early from work so she can help me get ready. I heard my bedroom door knock and saw Mom peeking through.

"Need help," She asked me with a smile on her face. She is a life saviour.

"Mom, what would I do without you!" I grinned at her. Knowing my mom, she uses little makeup herself, god knows if she's going to use any makeup on me at all.

"You just sit and relax, and let me do the magic."

I sat on the chair and closed my eyes, my mind kept running back to Mia's brothers. She has two brothers. Ryan and Tyler. They both left the town and moved to London to find better jobs. Even though Mia's dad owns a Dentistry and a farm in the town, his sons didn't want anything to do with it. They moved so they can make their own money. I want that.

I have an idea. I will speak to Ryan and Tyler about any jobs available at their workplace. I want to move out sooner because I have a feeling that if I stuck here for too long then I won't be able to leave at all.

"You're done now, sweetheart." Mom woke me up from my dream. I looked in the mirror and was stunned at how completely different I looked as well as how simple and elegant.

"Wow mom, you did a great job. Thank you." I hugged her.

I wore pearl drop earrings which dad gave me for my 21st birthday, wore my heels and took a quick twirl in front of the mirror. Mom laughed. I quickly put the gift pouch in the purse which dad made for Mia.

"Go girl, you don't want to be the last at the party." Mom pushed me out the door and waved bye. I started walking towards Mia's house. She only lives 5 minutes away from me.

As Mia's house came into view, I could hear the loud music roaring. The lights were beautiful. Strings of blue and white orchids were hanging on her house door; Mia's favourite flowers. As I entered her house, it seemed everyone is on the dance floor.

There weren't many people here, just some close friends and family. It's always the same people and I know each and everyone here. Mia is very loved by our town because of her fun nature. Mia was dancing as she spots me on the door, but before she reached me I was greeted by her big brother Tyler. He looks groomed well. He looks at me and gives me a big smile ever.

"Hey Sasha," He practically jumped at me and gave me a hug.

"Hey Tyler, you have grown," I beamed at him. He looks smart and his eyes shine like a star.

"Of course I have, not everyone has to stay tiny like you!" He laughed. " Come to the dance floor, looks like you were the only missing one." His smile kept on growing.

He took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor. I waved to everyone because Tyler wouldn't let me move. Once the music went down, i went meet everyone. Mia ran towards and hugged tightly.

"Happy birthday baby girl!" I shouted. Mia squeaked like a child.

I danced with everyone on the dance floor but I couldn't see one person around, Ryan. Did he not come to town for Mia's birthday? He has never missed her birthday, not once.