Preface

10 years ago...

"Sasha, don't run fast!" Tyler kept on screaming behind me but I didn't wanna hear it. I ran past the sheep and bumped into a giant rock. It was past 7 in the evening and it was very dark. I cried as Tyler came to a halt. He bent down and took a tissue out of his pocket.

"I told you not to run fast, you have given yourself a huge cut on your knee," he caressed my wound gently, he dabbed the tissue on the wound to stop the bleed.

Mia came out to see what all the fuss was about as I couldn't keep quiet. I cried into Tyler's arms as he held me by my side and took me inside. Mia bought the first aid kit.

"I didn't want you to catch me, so I wasn't paying attention to what was in front of me," I sobbed.

"It's okay, it was just a game. You don't need to hurt yourself." He wiped the tears from my eyes while he tended to my wound. I smiled suddenly, knowing he was there for me and I knew from that moment that he will always be there for me.

"Sasha, you ruined the game," said Mia, " now we would have to play a sitting game because you were being silly," she teased.

Tyler bought the monopoly, Mia made some popcorn. As we sat at the dining table, we heard the car outside Mia's house. Ryan's Mia's brother and their parents came inside with groceries. Ryan ran towards me as he noticed the banded wound on my knee.

"Did you get hurt again?" asked Ryan. Everyone knew I was prone to accidents, especially Ryan. He has seen my clumsiness every time I am at their house.

Ryan bought some more snacks at the table as we started playing. Ryan sat next to me and winked. He always did that when he wanted help from my side. If I help him, he always brings baskets of cookies for me freshly baked by his mum, but if don't help him, then he stops talking to me.

Tyler knew our tactic so he always makes the game harder by adding more rules. Ryan lost the game and went to his room to sulk.

"Ryan always does this, he always wants things his way," Mia shouted as she went after him.

"You didn't need to make the game extra. You could have just let it be," I confessed to Tyler.

"I can't let him have his way always. He needs to learn not to cheat or he will loose pretty hard."

I was young to understand the meaning behind his words but I nodded. It was just a game to me.