Episode 5

"Hey Laur, come in" Lisa moved aside to let me in.

"Hey" I greeted Kath who was in the kitchen and waved at me.

"Hi Lauren! My hands our busy but hi" She chuckled showing me her dirty hands from whatever she was making.

"We're going to my room Kath" Lisa said and I followed her to her room, we didn't really have much time for pep talk before going home to film the video. "Listen to this" She sat in her desk and pressed enter in her laptop.

A song started to play from the speakers and I took a seat in her bed listening carefully. It was a good song and I looked at Lisa with a smile, but she was looking at her laptop screen, probably a little shy with this. She looked at me only when the song ended and I already knew what she wanted my help with it.

"That's a sassy one Lise, 'I was the best you ever had', really?" I mocked her and I knew she would've punched me if she was close, but she wasn't so she just rolled her eyes at me. "What's the name of the song?"

"Florida"

"And you need to figure out the rhythm for the fast part, right? Because that was pretty off" I asked her, it was almost like a rap. Almost. Honestly I was a little surprised that she would ask for help. Lisa was pretty reserved when it came to her songs, confident on how she wanted them to be and actually able to make them the way she wanted. She was so talented that she could do whatever she wanted, so her asking me for help gave me a boost of confidence I didn't know I needed and I felt honored.

"I know, that's why you're here smartass! Here's the lyrics" She handed me a paper with the lyrics, I wanted to joke about not being able to reach it from the bed, but we were really short in time so I got up to get it and sat back down. "I marked you the parts we're working on."

"'You didn't wanna try'...?" I read the lyrics and she nodded, "Okay can you play only the music in those parts?"

She started editing her recording session on the laptop so it would play as I asked her to and then played it. We managed to get the hang of it so the lyrics would be on the rhythm. We had to change some words, add and remove some here and there, but it was going well.

Time flew by really quick because before I noticed Kath knocked on Lisa's door and told us we had to go already. We still had a little more to do to.

"When can you come over again to finish this?" Lisa asked me while putting her shoes on.

"You want Thursday after the podcast?"

"Um... I think I have plans with Chad, but I'll raincheck with him."

"No, we can do this another day, go out with him" I tried to encourage her, feeling a little bad that she would cancel with her boyfriend.

"It's okay Laur, I wouldn't say it if it wasn't, and this is important for me, so Thursday and shut it now" She said as she pulled out her phone and started typing, probably texting Chad.

"Guys come on!!" Kath yelled at us from the front door and we obliged.

"Of course, Kath late as always, but dragging your sisters into the habit?" Our oldest brother, Mike, said with fake disappointed when we walked in. Lisa and I looked at each other smirking, knowing it was our fault.

"See what we have to deal with? ALWAYS LATE" I said and Kathrine looked at me with shocked expression while Lisa nodded in agreement with me.

"You rats, I was waiting for you at the door when Lisa was still putting her shoes on" Kath called us out and Christina made a shocked voice.

"Lisa...." She looked at her squinting her eyes.

"I didn't even say anything, Lauren is the one who tried to put the blame on Kath" And just like that she threw me under the bus.