Episode 12

"Come in" I called to my bedroom door, I guess Amy opened up the front door for my guest.

"Hey" Dani smiled as she got in and I turned from my desk to look at her.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked and saved my work on my laptop as she closed the door behind her.

"Did you really expect for me to go on about my life without asking you about your girlfriend?" She teased and sat on my bed.

"Kind of... I don't wanna talk about it Dans" I said truthfully.

"Oh come on Sugar, I wanna know, how did that happen? How is she? How-"

"Why? Cause she's a girl? That's why you wanna know?" I looked at her a little angry.

"What? No, because you're my sister and we talk about these things." She seemed surprised by my reaction.

"But I said I don't want to talk about it, so why are you making a big deal out of this?"

"No Laur, you are the one who's making this a big deal! We used to talk about our crushes and our boyfriends all the time, so I was just asking, but you're angry because... I don't know why!" She raised her voice at me.

"Because I told you I don't wanna talk about it, I don't want you to look at me differently because I'm dating a girl now." I don't know if I was making sense, but I really didn't want to talk about Spencer with anyone.

"Okay fine! I was only asking because you're my sister and I care about you, not because it's a girl or anything like that... If you don't wanna talk about this then fine, but don't you dare tell me I'm treating you different because of this. You are the same Lauren to me, even a better version of the one I used to know."

"Why? Because I came out to you? That doesn't-"

"Jesus no!" Dani raised her voice again and sighed deeply, "You have your own EP out, producing and making music, designing idea, tons of creativity for everything, your confidence is high, you're stronger than ever..."

"I'm not Dani" I looked down knowing she wouldn't understand, "That's the point, I don't feel stronger or confidence... being with Spencer is amazing, but it's also putting me in a very vulnerable place with everyone else" I tried to explain and looked at her, she seemed confused.

"Because you're afraid they wouldn't accept it?" She asked.

"I guess..."

"You mean friends and family or the fans?"

"Everyone. I don't know if they'll be as accepting as you are." I looked down again, too embarrassed to look her in the eyes.

"Well, you won't know until you try Laur, you know that" She tried to convince me and I nodded, but that thought didn't really mean anything to me right now. "Okay, anyway, until you figure that out, I'm here, and I do accept it and support it... so you can talk to me." She said with hope and looked at me with so much care and I looked down with tears in my eyes, she really touched me with those words. She noticed the tears and embraced me with her arms, just hugging me, that's what I needed right now.

**

"Hi Spencer" Dani said suggestively when the girl came in with Kath who opened the door for her. I gave my sister a look and she smirked.

"What's up rat?" Spencer smacked Dani's head slightly and sat down next to her.

"I'm cool, you?" She asked starting a conversation while we waited for Christina.

"Good, so where's the big boss?"

"In the bathroom" Lisa answered her.

"Is she allowed?" Spencer joked and we laughed.