Episode 9

--- Look at Lauren's Instagram post from June 1st, 2019 for some reference from that episode: https://www.instagram.com/p/ByLMN3lhdhx/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link ---

"You're staring at me, why are you staring at me?" Spencer asked me after a couple of seconds in silence.

We were currently in her living room, her family was out doing their own business so she invited me over. We were cuddled in the sofa comfortably, my arm wrapped around her and when the old movie Bruce Almighty finished I looked at her trying to figure out a way to tell her what I had in mind without being too weird about it.

"I wanna ask you something, I just don't really know how..." I said and she pulled away from me to look at me straight.

"How about you just ask?" She sassily said and I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, well... Dani, Amy and I are gonna hang out with some friends tomorrow... I was wondering if you wanted to come, I want you to meet them." I finally said and she furrowed her eyebrows.

"You want me to meet your friends?"

"Yeah... I mean, Arielle is going to be there too, it's us and two more friends, that's it, if you want."

"Sure, yeah, I'll come" She smiled sweetly and pecked my lips.

"It'll be fun, we are going with Elli's dad on his boat and then we are staying over at her lake house." I explained the plan and suddenly realized it was a really short notice and I didn't mention before about staying the night.

"Oh you are staying over?" She seemed in doubt now, I don't blame her, "I... Babe, do they know you're inviting me?"

"Yeah, I asked them if I could bring you too, Dani and Amy were excited and the others are cool with it. I'm sorry I'm doing it like this in a short notice, I just wasn't sure how to..." I stopped myself and looked at her, starting it again, "I mean, like, I really want you to meet Elli and Angela, they're like my best friends, I just didn't know how to introduce you and like not making it weird, and then ask you and not making it weird, and how to do all of this and not getting it all weird..."

"Okay, okay, stop rumbling weirdo" Spencer chuckled at me stressing out and I looked down embarrassed, "It's weekend so I can go with you, don't stress about it, but if it's making you feel uncomfortable then don't feel li-"

"No, no, no!" I stopped her mid-sentence, "Babe I want you to come, I wouldn't have invited you otherwise, kay? I really want you to come, it'll be the first time we hang out with other people, I can't wait for that." I told her truthfully with a big smile and she smiled back.

I leaned in to kiss her softly and when we pulled away she smiled and leaned her head back in its previous spot in the crook of my neck, I laughed and hugged her again.

"Come on, put Evan Almighty, we don't have all night" She said interrupting me while I was taking in the peaceful moment. I groaned but obeyed and put Bruce's sequel.

The next day I drove with Amy and Dani to pick Spencer up and head out to the lake where everyone else will meet us. I was playing for them the song I was about to release tomorrow, Pressure, and Spencer had to act like she didn't just hear it yesterday when we were at her house, but they all got really excited with the song. I think Amy even almost cried and I knew Dani would relate to it. I asked them not to tell anyone else that I gave them a premiere.

I parked the car and we all got out to see Elli, Angela and Arielle already there, so we approached to greet them.

"Guys, that's Spencer, Spence this Elli and Angela" I pointed at my friends and they each hugged her in greeting, Spencer was a little shy but smiled anyway.