Episode 2

Me: Sorry I didn't come yesterday

I texted Spencer first thing in the morning, still in bed. I know we both knew it was a joke, but just in case she really meant it, I had to apologize.

Spencer should be preparing to go to class right now, so she probably won't answer anytime soon. So I put my phone on silence and went to brush my teeth and do my morning routine pray on my bad. 10 minutes later I was finished and went to change my clothes. Now I was ready and I went back to my phone and took the silence mode off. I saw Spencer texted me like two minutes after my text.

Spence: I didn't really expect you to come Laur, don't worry... and good morning to you too babe

Okay, don't freak out.

Me: Good morning 😊

Spencer: Oh okay, I thought it would scare you away or something

Me: No

I texted back simply, a little confused if she was referring to her calling me 'babe' or something else, because she already did that yesterday. Anyway it was half true. I did freak out a little after she called me 'babe', after each time she did it, but that didn't "scare me away".

Spence: Okay...?

Me: Yesterday Dani and I had a long talk, I'll tell when I see you

I couldn't tell our sisters about Dani, but I needed to tell someone trustworthy, I didn't really know how to handle the situation so I thought maybe having Spencer to give me some support would help me support my sister.

Spence: Sure. So we're good?

Spencer asked me and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, what's up with her being so hesitant all of a sudden?

Me: Why not?

I waited like 5 minutes for her to reply, it showed that she read my text, but she didn't say anything back. That was weird but I could sense there was something in her mind she wanted to tell me. I decided I'll go downstairs and have some breakfast instead of waiting impatiently for her response.

"Good morning honey" My mom greeted me with a smile when I entered the kitchen,

"Morning... where is everybody?" I asked while going to the refrigerator and getting some water.

"It's quiet, isn't it?" My mom chuckled and I laughed too, obviously I didn't really want to know about every single one of my siblings, they all had their own things to do, and her not answering was also because she probably didn't even know it herself.

After having a small breakfast with my mom, which is something I didn't have in a very long time, I went back upstairs to check my phone. Just when I was huffing at my phone for not having any response from Spencer, she texted me back.

Spence: I'm gay. So... yeah... just thought you should know...

I looked at the text and just giggled, I don't know why but I couldn't say I was surprised with that. Maybe if she would have said it like a week ago I'll be a little more surprised. Maybe.

Me: Why didn't you tell me before?

Spence: Cause... I donno, you're catholic. And you never talk about this stuff, I've watched almost all of your videos... and you don't like James Charles, and... yeah... didn't know if you accepted it.

That all made sense. I, myself, didn't even know what my family thought about this subject, I even think my dad is a little strict about it. I could understand why she would think that.