Epilogue

September 2nd, 2021

"Have you ever wondered how songs are written?"

"It's actually a lot simpler than you might think"

"There are three main components to writing a song, and we're gonna show you them today in our 10 minutes song writing challenge"

"Hey I'm Christina" "I'm Kathrine" "I'm Amy" "I'm Lauren" "And we're Cimorelli"

I lost it right after that and stopped listening while Christina continued with the intro, I just settled on doing some weird gestures and faces that probably had nothing to do with what she was saying.

"Alright, these are t-"

"Wait" Kathrine stopped Christina mid-sentence and we all looked at her, "I really need to pee" She announced and stood up as fast as she could.

"Oh no Kathrine!" We all huffed, knowing it would get her a lifetime to come back, I suppose it had something to do with her big tween-pregnancy belly.

"Sorry" She apologized but it didn't stop her from going anyway, and it's not like we can do anything to stop her, again, the needs of the pregnancy.

"Okay, go, why don't we start with our song and then you guys go and we do the presentation of the challenge right before the reveal?" I suggested and Amy nodded in accordance.

"Good idea, good luck losers" Christina said as she walked out of the room and I went to take the piano.

"Alright, ready? I'm starting the clock" Arielle looked at us from behind the camera.

"Okay, go" I allowed her and she pressed the button in the timer. "Okay, so-"

"Hi, I'm nervous" Amy just mumbled.

"Okay" I dismissed her with a smile, of course she's nervous, everybody knows that, even before that video starts. "So the words that we have are clock, notebook and explain... so we have to fit those in" I reminded everyone, but mostly to myself. "Okay so... first thought is that's a sad song, right?" To me it sounded obvious that it is.

"And I thought today would be different Lauren" She shook her head in disappointment, "You're supposed to be happy today, happy thoughts!"

"I am, but like, come on, it fits for a sad song" I only heard her agreeing with me but I didn't mind the things that she was listing as examples, "We got notebook, okay" My mind was already drawn to the lyrics, but I knew I had to focus, "Okay!" I said a little louder, I needed to focus my sister too, we couldn't waste much time.

When I started playing I was glad to see that Amy and I had the same line of thoughts and we were on the same vibes. We were actually almost completing each other, and those 10 minutes flew by really quick. Arielle put up 3 fingers to let us know we only got 3 minutes left and the only thing that was missing in our song was the last line. It had to rhyme with Midnight or with Goodbye.

"Na na na na na sunrise..." I mumbled to the rhythm, of course sunrise would be the word I could think of, kind of pathetic of me to not being able to think about anything else, but it really was the only word that came to my mind. Amy liked the idea, and we really had to hurry up, so we stuck with it.

When Christina and Kath finished their own song we all sang together again, we had to take the keyboard away to do the intro of the challenge itself and introduce the teams, and after that we brought it back in to do "The big reveal" how Christina phrased it.

"Wait, what's our song called?" I just thought about it right before we started.

"We don't have a name"