| 𝖈𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖘 |

𝖈𝖔𝖛𝖊𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖘 |𝖆𝖉𝖏| 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖗 𝖘𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙 𝖉𝖊𝖘𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖊𝖑𝖘𝖊

Upon morning, Rhish gets ready as usual. By the time she was ready to leave her room a small knock echoes but when she tells them to come in no one does. A letter slides underneath her door and she stares at it for a long moment.

Tying her boot, her eyes don't leave the letter on the floor. Once she's done, she finds herself walking over to it and picking it up suspiciously. No one ever bothered telling her what was on it. It wasn't a royal writer or messenger for sure. She didn't even have someone to write to her regardless.

Turning the enclosed letter over, she looks at the wax seal. It's of no importance. Just a simple marker with little, yet intricate lines. Popping the wax off, she opens the envelope and takes the letter out.

She tosses the envelope on the edge of her bed and starts to unfold the letter in her hands. The writing isn't extremely neat but she can read it perfectly fine.

Her eyes skim over it, more curious than anything. It made no sense. It was a rhyming poem of sorts. Why was she getting this? It was trying to sound romantic, and while it sort of did, it was rather odd. It was as the person writing it wasn't well-versed in the common tongue, or at least wasn't skilled enough in it to know terms of endearment.

Somehow she didn't care enough. It signed off as a secret admirer. Rhish was more surprised than anything. There was no doubt it was to her, her name was at the beginning of the letter to make sure she knew it was for her.

Shaking her head, she pockets the letter. Maybe Peskol or Kabatia would know more about it. She was going to see the woman anyway when she picked her son up. Exiting her room, she walks down the usual hallway to head off towards Marcello.

Turning the corner quickly she bumps into solid metal, "Oh, shit! I'm sorry, lass."

Rhish chuckles and looks up to Togui, "Oh, just you."

He laughs, "Just me?"

"I was hoping this person wasn't going to fight me in the hall."

The man smiles and notices the note in her pocket, "What's that?"

"Oh," she grabs the letter, "A love letter."

His eyebrow raises, "You in love with someone?"

She snorts, "No, someone left it under my door just a moment ago. No one was out there though."

Togui's eyes squint a little in thinking, "Hm. I think I noticed some guy walking away earlier. I didn't think too much of it."

Rhish nods, "Thanks, Togui. Maybe I'll find out who he is at some point. Anyway, I'll see you some other time. Maybe at dinner?"

She starts to walk down the hall but keeps eye contact. He smiles, "You may see me around. If not you know how to find me for a rematch."

"Says the one who lost," she can't help but retort as she turns down the hall and leaves him there.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Rhish!"

The little boy comes running up to the woman and takes her into a large hug, "Hello, Marcello."

She kneels down and smiles, "You ready to go?"

A bright smile comes on his face, "Yeah!"

"How about you go and get your boots on while I talk with your mother here?"