| 𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 |

𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖕𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 |𝖆𝖉𝖏| 𝖚𝖓𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖆𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖔𝖗 𝖉𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖊𝖉

Rhish was barely able to register what was happening around her. Her eyes refused to open. A crusty shell stayed over them. She likely had a fever beforehand.

"What are we going to do with her?" A booming voice enters the room, surprising the woman but she hurts too much to move.

A feminine voice answers, "Well, we can't just let her die, Gozaydg!"

The man growls, "I wouldn't care if she wasn't in my bed right now!"

"Your room was the closest! Once she's better we'll move her. You know the medical wing is under construction right now!"

The woman's voice finally works and a small groan echoes towards the two fighting, "See! You big oaf you woke her."

"How is this my fault?"

"Shush!"

The human feels a ragged material land on her face and all she can do is flinch away. Being blind at the moment was not helping. Kabatia looks to her brother then back to the woman, "I'm just going to wipe your eyes, dear."

Rhish is still a bit skeptical but lets the woman take her hand and wipe the rag across her eyes. Instantly she feels so much better and her eyes finally let her open them.

It's blurry for a moment, "There you go."

Her eyes first landed on the woman who was talking to her. She's beautiful and has long brown hair that seems to be tied back into a low ponytail. Her eyes were pitch black much like her hair.

She gives a warm smile and instantly reminds Rhish of her mother, "You feeling okay, dear? We told Nukos, our medic, that you woke up. She'll be here soon."

Nothing comes out of her mouth. Her eyes trail the woman then towards the door. The man who was speaking earlier was at the door. Her eyes widen, "What are you looking at?"

Kabatia looks at her brother, "Are," she starts to cough, "Are you really tall?"

He looks at her, "That's the first thing you say to me?"

That feeling comes back into her chest. They've only known each other for a minute and she can already tell he hates her.

She refuses to respond to that and he notices that, "Don't listen to him..."

"Rhish."

Kabatia smiles, "I'm Kabatia. My son and I found you yesterday."

Gozaydg breaks into the conversation, "You have anyone we can give you too?"

The woman looks like she's about to hit him, "Where's my horse?"

She completely dodges his question and turns to the woman instead. The brunette nods, "He's in the stables. He was worried, but he's fine."

Rhish moves to get up, "Woah!"

Kabatia pushes her back down into the bed, "There is no way you are getting up!"

The human looks confused, "Clearly I'm not wanted here. It's not that big of a deal, you know?"

"Are you serious? By the gods, dear, you can rest."

"Why would I need rest? It's just an injury."

Even Gozaydg looks at her like she's crazy, "You have bruised ribs, woman, how are you going to move?"