I like you

Hey!!!

I have my first offline exams soon after almost  2 years and I think I have lost my capacity to actually remember things. What to do???

*****

Shirshak's POV.

As soon as we reached the theatre C LITERALLY jumped on Harsh.

I am not much of a 'C' saying person but I unknowingly adapted this hobby from someone and now I can't help it.

I looked at Astha and she was looking at both of them with a pretty smile on her face. She is so happy for her friend, her happiness is radiating from her.

She looked in my direction as if sensing my gaze and gave me the same beautiful smile. I out of habit mirrored her expression. She has the infectious kind of aura, the rare and the most beautiful kind.

We bought the tickets and headed inside. Harsh and C took seats next to each other. I offered Astha the middle seat besides C and sat next to her.

"I am regretting it" She said under her breath.

"C'mon. It's a great movie" I tried convincing her.

She looked at me, nodded her head with a weak nervous smile. She took a deep breath as the movie rolled into action.

There are different types of people watching a movie:
1. Reacting at every scene.
2. Talking about the possibilities.
3. Just there for food.
4. Interested in surrounding.
5. Criticising every scene.
6. In complete awe.
7. Emotional wreck.
8. Totally engrossed.

Astha is the 8th one. I am trying to make a proper balance between watching her and watching the movie. Now I don't wanna be the one who doesn't know where the movie is headed. Do I?

I mindlessly started playing with my thumb ring. It was the Kissing scene going on and suddenly it slipped from my hand and fell. The sound wasn't loud but enough for Astha to hear.

She looked at me and cleared her throat. She raised her eyebrows. Her beauty is immaculate but under the movie light on her face it was like she was single handedly making my life colourful.

I bent close to her ear and whispered "my thumb ring". Her body stiffened in response.

We both turned the flashlight on and started searching for it. I spotted it but as soon as I bent down to pick it I slammed my head against something. I grunted and at the same time Astha grunted too.

Seems like our heads just collided. She grabbed her head with her hands and I massaged mine with my hand too.

"What are you doing?" C said in an irritated voice. Her flashlight was on the screen. She quickly turned the flash off. Meanwhile I picked the ring.

After that incident it was just a game of both of us silently glancing at each other. After the interval we bought pop corns to got with the movie.

I tried my best to touch her hands everytime I took some popcorns. It was exciting. When the movie ended I looked at her and she just looked at me. I looked at C and she wiped her tears.

But nothing from Astha. After the way she reacted I was really looking forward to her pulling a 'Titanic' but she was smiling.

After we left the hall. She hit Astha on the back "How come you didn't cry? It is impossible" she said still wiping her tears. Astha flipped her hair and replied with "I am getting better at realising how the fictional world works".

C argued "It was based on real incidents"

"Whatever" Astha dismissed her argument.

Deep down we both know she wasn't concentrating on the movie. Neither was I. But who is gonna tell those love birds.