I forgot

Shirshak's POV

Shirsh: You think?

Gaurav: I am sure.

Shirsh: but what if..I even lost the friendship.

Gaurav: So you are willing to keep hiding your feelings?

Shirsh: okay. I will think.

Gaurav: Just man up and say it. She is giving you clear signs and you are just a freak.

Shirsh: nothing is clear here.

Gaurav: everything is. Her bestie teases her with your name, teases you with her name that's the biggest giveaway besides she posted a photo with your hoodie.

Shirsh: okay. I will.

Gaurav: your single life is finished now.

I told Gaurav about Astha, well technically he already knew and he said that Astha asking me to meet is the biggest opportunity I am ever gonna get.

It took me a better half of an hour to explain him why haven't I confessed to her even after three years of liking her.

Like I literally had no idea she goes to Crescent Moon and I used to see her only during practice as she used to do training from home. So when was I supposed to talk to her? When she was playing?

I opened her story again and watched her photo for the trillionth time a smile playing on my lips.

*****

I was so nervous at the prospect of saying those three words to her. 

I reached the court before her. Well I reached half an hour even before our decided time. I started doing some warmup. There was still around 20 minutes before her arrival.

I felt eyes on me so I turned around and I saw Astha. I smiled and winked at her.

She blushed at my action and then waved at me saying a low "Hi" . Well her actions boosted my low confidence.

"Ready?" She asked me.

"Always" I replied and smirked.

She was wearing black shorts and a white baggy t shirt. She tied her hair with my scrunchie. I love it how she wears it.

I passed her the ball and she easily converted it into a basket. Then we started our one on one game. She aimed for a basket but I was already towering  over her so it was too easy for me.

Well it's not my fault I am almost 6. Just kidding I am 5'11". And she is maybe 5'4"...? 5'3"??

"Stop using your testosterone gift" she said and laughed. It took me a good minute before understanding what she actually meant and when I understood it was hard not to laugh.

Let me correct myself 'It was impossible not to laugh'.

"Here" she passed me bottle. I took it and gulped down almost half of it in one go and then emptied the rest of it on my hair and my already wet shirt.

I looked at Astha and she was already looking at me with her mouth hanging low. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"You just wasted water" she said a bit fumbling with her words.

"Am I?" I said in a challenging tone and moved my hands rapidly through my hair, to make some water fell on her.

"That's gross" she said laughing and stood up.

"What is gross?" I said teasingly and stood up too. I opened my arms for a hug.

She scrunched her nose and ran away in response. I ran after her. After a good 5 minutes of running, she sat on a swing and I sat on the other one.