S3, EP 4: Katsukis Drive

She could never catch a break.

Of course, it was just Katsuki. "Shh! Frosty be quiet!" He said in a harsh whisper. He let her go and she caught her breath again.

"Th-the hell is wrong w-with you?!"

"Shh! Be quiet!" She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"I'm leaving," she went to climb out but he grabbed her and pulled her back in. "No! Frosty, I need to talk to you." She read his serious face, but did she really want to?

"N-no, I-I'm mad at y-you." She snatched her hand away and continued walking, it's like he was trying to piss her off today.

"It's about the damned nerd!" She stopped in her tracks. She turned around and sighed. It was too late for this, past curfew. She removed her ponytail and let her hair fall to her sides. Just then, the moonlight hit her face, her icy eyes glistening in the moonlight. "Just...give me a chance."

"Just give me a chance! I'm better than him! I can make you happy! Frosty..."

"Hmph, f-fine."

He brought her to ground beta, much to her confusion. It was very eerie. "S-so what i-is it?" He stopped walking, Y/n was a bit scared now.

"He's sending letters."

She looked up, he still hadn't faced her. He didn't want her to see his face as he told her this heartbreaking news.

"Yesterday, I don't know who to...but they're pretty heartfelt," he dug in his pockets, he pulled out a ripped envelope and handed it to her over his shoulder.

"See it for yourself. I'm not trying to interfere with your stupid relationship, and I wasn't going to say anything, but he begged me not to tell you." Y/n opened it and pulled out a note, but there was something else—

Y/n gasped. In her hand, she held a locket. The same rose gold one she gave him in middle school. She knows this because when she opened it, inside was Izukus signature she carved herself.

He was so nervous when she gave it to him, he never wore it after that day. Ever. She suspected he lost it. That would be better than giving it to someone else.

"Wh-what..." then she opened the letter, it read,

I'm sorry that happened, really I am! But U.A's been busy and I don't have a lot of time to write, but just know I'm always, always there for you. I have some...things to handle with people. If that makes sense, I can't elaborate. But I love you, and one day, this will all be over and we can be together again.

That was indeed Izukus handwriting. Down the very last scribble. "We c-can b-be t-together...a-again?" She muttered and furrowed her eyebrows, tears formed in her eyes. Bakugo had turned around a while ago, she looked up at him.

"H-he wouldn't—he w-wouldn't w-write th-this! He-he w-wouldn't—"

"Believe what you want, I saw him trying to deliver it." Y/n blinked a few times, she didn't want to believe this. She couldn't—she wouldn't!

"I-I c-can't, I-I..." she covered her mouth, the person she trusted most in this lonely world broke her heart. "A-are y-you s-sure?" Her voice cracked and tears formed in her eyes. Bakugo nodded sadly. In the spur of the moment, she hugged him. She needed something to hug as she cried into his chest.

Confusion crowded everyone when Bakugo walked in with a sleeping Y/n, she had been knocked unconscious. Stress wasn't good for her.

"What are you looking at?! Wheres her room at?!" Izuku walked into the common room as Bakugo kicked the door shut.

"What happened?!" He asked and ran up to him but Bakugo pushed him aside.

"The last thing she needs is to see you." And he left, Izuku caught a glimpse of him smirking as he went down the hall.

'Don't worry frosty, you don't need these idiots.'

The next night, Izuku sat at his desk doing homework. Wondering why his day had been so bland and awkward. As he thought of it, Y/n hadn't talked to him. At all. Not even a hey. It felt as though she just disappeared.

'Is she mad at me again?' He asked himself as he scratched his neck, scribbling on his paper. The door opened and the light turned on. He turned around and Y/n stood in the doorway, she closed the door behind her. A sad expression on her face.

She clutched something in her right hand and a note in her left. "A-are you okay?" He asked. She looked up and read his concerned expression.

"No." Her voice monotoned. She looked back down at the note. "I'm sad,"

"Uh, wh-why?"

"Do you remembered when I gave you this?" She held up her hand and a locket fell from. Her fist, dangling on her fingers. His eyes went wide.

"Yes! That's the locket you gave me! But...I..lost it..."

"Are you sure? You didn't give it to someone else?"

"N-no! Why would I do that?!" He furrowed his eyebrows, he stared into some dead-looking eyes. Angry eyes.

"You didn't...happen to write this note, did you?" She slammed it on his desk, he jumped a little. He felt like he was being interrogated.

After he read it, his eyes went wide. "I-I didn't write this!"

"That's not your handwriting?"

"Well, y-yes! But anyone could've faked it—"

"You're lying."

"I-I'm not!" He stood up. "I swear! I didn't write this—"

"Don't lie to me, you hurt her." She took a step forward. To level with him. To stare him down as these words escaped her lips.

"Wh-what are you—"

She uppercut him, he fell back down into his seat and looked up at her with tears. She stared down at him.

"No one hurts Y/n."