S2, EP 2: Moonlight: Ruined Goals

Wish I didn't have to spoil this but there will be mentions of self-harm. You have been WARNED.

One late night, Y/n decided to go for a late-night walk. To ease her nerves. Not only that, she was hungry. And wasn't in the mood for whatever was in the fridge.

She had on an oversized black hoodie , hands in pockets. She didn't want to freeze again. Her head hung low. And she watched her shadows dance in the illuminating street lights.

She walked to the nearest convenience store, a small one not too far from her house.

The bell rang, the air wasn't too different from outside. She took her hood down and began walking around. She grabbed whatever she thought was good. Even stuff she's never tried.

'I'm so tired.' She thought as she threw the stuff on the counter. The bald cashier started ringing it all up.

"That's 28.36." He said. (I don't know how yen works.)

She started scanning the red card. A conversation next to her caught her attention.

"You're 5 dollars short." She had debated it for a moment, the guy had black spiky hair, and...staples on his face. He rubbed the back of his neck and awkwardly laughed.

"I'll pay for his stuff too." She said loud enough so he could hear. They both looked at her.

"Are you—"

"Yes." She said in a demanding voice and glared at the bald cashier.

After that, she didn't expect thanks or anything. She didn't even expect him to glance her way. I mean, she was just a kid carrying around a fortune on this little red card.

She went into the street light again. "Hey, kid!" He yelled, she looked back and up at him, her hood fell off.

"Hm?"

"Thanks, by the way." She fully turned around.

"Oh, yeah it was no problem..."

That was the last thing she said. In a way, he looked kind of creepy. But not in a bad way?..

She mustn't stay up so late, the sports festival is today. C'mon Y/n, you can do it!

Once again, she was tired. It felt like every day, her bags under her eyes became darker, her eyes became sadder and her energy constantly drained. She wore her hair up today, appropriate for this event.

She arrived along with the rest of her class, except she wore a long-sleeved shirt under her gym uniform. that she kept adjusting. She, like some people, was not in the mood today.

For the last two weeks, she had been so energetic and annoying. But that drained so much of her energy, that she had no more left for today. Some people missed her a few days ago. Now she didn't say a single word to anyone who didn't talk to her.

Except this seemed to be Izukus breaking point, him out of a lot of people have noticed. Like Bakugo, Kirishima, Ochaco, Lida, Shoji. People who knew her.

"Y/n, can I talk to you? outside..." Izuku said with a serious, concerned and slightly embrassed expression. She adjusted her sleeve again, and just nodded.

The two exited. Shortly after, Katsuki tried to follow but was bumped into by Shoto.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Before she could answer, he continued. "You really don't seem okay. What happened? I'm worried about you..." He grabbed her hand, that she gently took away.

"I'm p-perfect, I t-told you! I'm just...str-stressed. S-So don-don't worry a-about it." She reassured him with a smile.

"Y/n...are you—"

"Yes! I sw-swear!" She didn't mean to raise her voice, and cleared her throat.

"That's a lie..." he muttered and looked away sadly.

"Izuku—"

"Are you hurting yourself?" He asked ever so quietly.

"No." Since he didn't want to be invasive, he held a pinky up. Which Y/n took. "I promise." She smiled and pulled him into a hug. He was so warm, she sunk into it.

'Y/n, I hope not...'

Not so long after the freshman were called to the stage. All gathering and with Katsuki being the representative. Didn't go so well. But Y/n would rather not pay attention to that right now.