Shapeshifter

Komaeda sips his tea carefully, listening to the sound of his kitsune partner humming and dancing around the kitchen as he prepares supper. The brunet had insisted he had learned a supper recipe for humans and wanted to cook for his mate.

   Now Komaeda is extremely scared since this is Hinata's first time operating a stovetop, but he had insisted he had done a lot of research and nothing could possibly go wrong. Hopefully, the kitsune will have better luck than him. 

   He flips the page of his novel and sighs, listening to the sound of sizzling vegetables in the other room. "How are you doing, Hinata-kun?" He calls.

   "Splendidly! I think I'm almost done." Is the reply. 

   "Alright."

   Suddenly he hears a yelp followed by a bright flash of light. Komaeda is on his feet in an instant, book and tea forgotten as he dashes into the kitchen. He sees a frying pan which contents are on fire on one side and a growling tensed-up silver fox on the other side. 

   Komaeda groans, grabbing the fire extinguisher off of the wall and aiming it at the burning mess. "Hinata, if something is on fire, you put it out!" He huffs, spraying the white stuff. The fox whimpers and sniffs, relaxing as his mate puts out the fire.

   The fluffy-haired boy sighs before turning back to the fox. "You got startled out of your human skin, huh?"

   The fox merely stares back at him. 

   "I can't believe you did that! Hinata-kun, you have got to be more careful! How could this happen? Now, what are we going to eat? Do you have pizza money?" He scolds. 

   Hinata gives him puppy eyes.

   "That's not going to work on me."

   ". . ." 

   "Hinata-kun. . ." 

   The silver one whines.

   ". . .Fine," Komaeda scratches him behind the ear, "I'll go order some pizza; you need to clean this mess up. Okay?"

   Hinata's ears perk up. 

   "Alright."

   Komaeda turns and walks out of the room.

-

   Komaeda yawns, collapsing on top of the couch. 'It's been a while since there's been a fire in this house. . .' He considers. 

   Hinata enters the living room, eyes lighting up when he sees his mate. He makes a flash, and suddenly an adorable silver fox barrelling towards him. He flies at Komaeda, curling up in his lap and rumbling happily. 

   "Oh, so you want to cuddle tonight, huh? I feel like I would rather hold you in my arms, though, instead of the big ball of fluff." 

   Hinata pouts.

   "Okay, fine, we'll try it your way first. Even though you almost burned down the kitchen earlier."

   The fox rests his chin on his paws and shuts his eyes. 

   "Rest easy, lovely. And might I say you look rather. . .foxy."

   Hinata growls slightly. 

   "Sorry, sorry, couldn't resist. Good night."