Skeletons In The Closet

Hinata's hands are stiff on the steering wheel.

   "Oh my god. . .Oh my god. . .I can't believe I just did that, oh my god."

   His entire body is trembling as he tries to focus on driving home.

   It had only happened ten minutes ago, and he could already hear the heartbeat coming from beneath the floorboards. 

   It had been a moment of complete rage, honestly. I mean, the outrage was justified, but the action was not. 

   Soda had been dissing his boyfriend yet again, talking about insane he is, how he's going to kill Hinata one day, etc. when the brunet had gotten completely fed up. He had grabbed a wrench that Soda just had lying around before bashing his head the fuck in. 

   It had felt so good at the moment, but now he was wracked with guilt and fear.

   What is he going to do now? What a terrible secret to keep. WHAT'S HE GOING TO DO?! How could he lose control like that?! 

   Well, first, he's got to dispose of the body, right? He's probably got some supplies back at the house. Wrap the body up in a trash bag and set it on fire or something.

   He swerves the car, heading straight for home. He gets there in about five minutes.

   He slams the car door, stepping out into the rain and sprinting up to the front door. The wet gravel crunching underneath him seems to be taunting him. 

   He steps inside, nearly colliding with his boyfriend, who was walking out. Komaeda catches Hinata by the elbows with a smile. 

   "Woah, why the rush?" He teases.

   "AHH-" 

   Hinata shuts himself up immediately, eyes wide.

   Komaeda frowns. "Hmm? Is everything okay, darling?" 

   "EVERYTHING'S FINE!" Hinata answers far too fast and far too loud. 

   "Everything sure doesn't sound fine. . .did something happen at Soda-ku-"

   "NO!"

   "Okay, something is not right. What, do you need help hiding a body or something? You're acting like you committed murder or something." Komaeda jokes.

   Hinata chooses to remain silent, refusing to meet Komaeda's gaze. Nagito's gaze hardens. 

   "Oh. . .Oh, okay. Show it to me."

-

   Komaeda gazes into the trunk of their car, staring down at the blue body of Soda Kazuichi.

   "I never liked him," He mutters, taking the large garbage bag out of the brunet's hand, "Good on you, Hajime."

   Hinata is still shaking. "I shouldn't have done this."

   Komaeda turns to him. "It didn't happen." He reminds him. 

   He puts his head in his hands. "Right."

   Nagito gets to work swiftly, Hajime being entirely useless.

   "We'll be in so much trouble if we get found out," Komaeda smiles, "This is a secret we'll both have to take to our graves. Will you be able to do that?" 

   Hinata gulps. "I-I think so."

   "Don't worry. I'll help you."

   Komaeda slams the trunk door. "Get in the car. We've got to go."

   "Where are we going?"

   Komaeda looks back at him. "We've got to get rid of the body, of course. Come on, love."

   Hajime sighs.