CHAPTER NINE OUT OF THE FRYING PAN INTO THE FIRE

Suzannes pov

Oh my god my alarm kept going off , I slowly rolled over turned it off grabbed a quick shower and headed out to the lounge,Jax,Kitch and Mercy were sat talking " hello you ready for today" I smiled" fuck yeah its going to be brill I cant wait to get on the stage" I replied while making a cup of tea, I checked the time eight cool I had a decent sleep, a knock came on the door and our manager walked in " good morning perps and how are you all , so as you know its kick off in a few hours you have all looked at set list I presume well if so good, right at four today its a meet and greet and after that you are fee for rest of day to do what you want in moderation" we all nodded I agreement, hr sat and had a coffee with us before heading off.

I grabbed the set list and saw Sarah's band was on a couple of bands before us well at ten to be precise I decided to finish my cuppa and headed out well once I remembered by lanyard and artists wristband.

It was heaving the line literally went down to the main gates , I heard some one shout. And saw it was Tino " hey dark its easier if you come this way" he said as he grabbed my arm and dragged me to where we could get in, that was so much easier i thought to myself .

We had a look around and Tino was a big goof to be honest he was jumping up and down and basically acting daft soon the area around us started to fill it was amazing to see people of all ages here the atmosphere was slowly building the first band came on and to be honest they weren't to my liking but I stayed till the end of their set, we decided to have a walk around and headed to the Merch tents Kitch was busy helping a roadie set up " hey Suzanne, Sarah was looking for you I think she's in a bit of a flap by a bit I mean she's flipping out Ade can't calm her", he did " ahh bugger so she's went skitzy then?" He nodded in reply , you ser when Sarah gets nervous she's either really quiet or she flips and today she has flipped , Tino and myself went looking for her hopefully Ade has found her and calmed her, we had looked all over for her and had no joy I checked the time she was due on stage we walked back to the arena and she was already there doing final adjustments to her guitar strap she looked over and half smiled, by hell she was nervous she looked directly over our heads and you could see her sigh and shake her head.

" come on Sez don't do this now you can do it" I said quietly to my self Jay went over to her and wrapped an arm around her she looked at him as he whispered to her and she nodded then played the first note and built up rhythm Jay and Ade joined in then all of a sudden there was a growl turn scream , I knew Sarah could scream as we had practiced a few times with Avenged but bloody hell she seemed to have got better and I swear for a verse she never took a breath, the atmosphere of the crowd must of hit her as she no longer looked nervous and she was jumping around and head banging Ade started on his verses( part scream part clean vocals and then they had a verse of screaming together) , a pit had opened up there was some idiots who did not keep to the laws of a mosh pit that if someone's Dow you help them.up or if they are injured help them out, they just ignored and carried on. It was epic Ade said something to the crowd and then they played their last two songs I headed round to the side of the stage just as they were coming off " eeeh Mrs what you like you and your bloody wobbles wasn't that bad was it" I asked Sarah while hugging her " sis I though I was a goner I had a panic attack and then nerves just went bang i really thought I was going to walk off stage a few times" she replied " I'm pleased you didn't the crowd was mental and where the hell did the growl and scream come from ?" I asked her Ade smiled " from what I hear she had plenty of practice and well you know " I nodded the guys hugged her and said they would be out front for our set.

We listened to the next two bands and headed to get sorted Tino said he would catch us all later and went off to meet Austin, now my nerves started , Mercy was nervous she had a right first time on stage in front of a huge crowd, We all walked on fuck me I took my place behind my kit adjusted my stool and started the beat on my bass drum the guys joined in with the guitars I swear if I gripped these sticks any harder they would snap, I started panicking my heart started pounding shit " ok Suzanne you can do this just shut the crowd off you and Sarah are in the basement practising come on man this is what you both dreamed of" I mentally told myself I looked across to the sea of faces staring up at us fucking hell, I spotted Sarah and nico and Jacoby " right missy there's your focus just look at them and you will be fine I again told my self.

I had a minutes break from drumming while lead and rhythm guitar battled it out Kitch came running over to me with a bottle if water and placed it to my lips while u started the beat again , Jax got the pit going , I glanced over to Sarah, Jacoby and nico and they had their own pit going, the adrenaline started kicking in and by hell I was red hit , I could feel the sweat starting , we were now on our last song , here I go I'm going to have no arms left at the end if this trust us to have a fast beat song in our first set, the crowd was awesome , our set had finished and the adrenaline was rushing through me I was literally shaking Sarah was the first one to get to me " fucking epic sis that was ace ", she said while hugging me " oh my fuckk that was just amazing I nearly lost it man until I saw you three you were what I focused on so I didn't panic I could feel it my hearts still missing beats" I replied back , I felt. jacobys arms around my waist and I literally melted into him " sorry baby I'm all sweaty" I said to him and he just shrugged " and " he replied .

We had an hour and a half to get showered and changed for the meet and greet Sarah told me to use her shower on asking's bus so I could get sorted which I did and then we headed up to the meet and greet tents there was already a small line , Sarah went to her tent and I joined the rest of my band, our first meet and greet was a kid well I say kid she was sixteen and right down to earth shy at first but when she reached the guys she soon found her tongue ut was going well , until some obnoxious dick came up and started crap poor Mercy didn't know what to do as he lunged over the table to get her , I had enough I stood up and grabbed his arm " what the fuck man hands to yourself mate no need fir it" I said to him he sneered at me " who do you think you are talking to you stupid idiot" I just shook my head " some prick who thinks he is gods gift to women well you ain't just leave " he refused to go so security had to remove him , our manager looked at me and shook his head , I just shrugged my shoulders and continued what I was doing, the meet and greet ended and as we were leaving our manager pulled me " what the hell that all about" he demanded " erm lets see some rather obnoxious idiot trying to grope myself and mercy " he looked at me " you had no right to do what you did suzanne" he shouted at me " oh really so you think it's. Alright for the female members to be groped do you I don't think so I am here to work not be felt up and if I feel threatened I will stand up for myself" I shouted back at him he sighed and shook his head " I see your point but if there is a next time just shout for security " I grinned " there wont be a next time " I replied back before walking away.

I waited until I was out of hearing before I started calling him every name under the sun , the one day I feel great about myself and extremely proud if the band some tit decides to spoil it ass he is.