Chapter 29

Yawning, I tried to get up. I had to pee really bad. But when a strong arm was wrapped around my middle.

    My body ached from what happened last night. I smiled. I had no regrets.

    Rubbing his arm lovingly, he stirs and pulls me closer.

    "Good morning." His voice was low and scratchy. His morning voice was so hot.

    "I gotta go pee," I say softly.

    He hums. It was a tired sound. His eyes were still closed. His lips parted slightly, a soft snore leaving his sleeping body.

    Kissing his lips softly I get up.

    Grabbing his stray shirt off the floor I slip it on. It was a bit big. Stopping at my inner thigh.

    After using the bathroom I see he's still sleeping.

    Rex looked so peaceful. So calm.

    One arm was underneath his head, his bicep straining. He looked so damn sexy. His skin was a beautiful tan.

    Everything about him was just so amazing.

    Grabbing his boxers I made my way downstairs.

    The smell of coffee invaded my nose. It was a delicious smell. Henry most likely fixed a pot.

    Walking into the kitchen I smiled at the sight of bacon on a plate. He was always making sure we had something to eat in the mornings.

    He was such a nice old man.

    Taking a piece I made me a cup of coffee. I stood there sipping on my coffee and munching on the bacon.

    I was supposed to talk to Rex last night. About me. But I got a little sidetracked.

    Would I be able to talk to him now? When would be a good time? Should I wait? Would I only mess things up by telling him?

    I had so many things running through my mind.

    An arm wrapped around my waist. I tensed up and jerked.

    "Mmm I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

    Sighing, I relax into him.

    "When I left you were still asleep."

    He kissed my neck tenderly. I smile and sip on my coffee.

    His arms tighten around me, making me squeak and laugh.

    Rex let go only to grab a cup, pouring himself some coffee.

    I was so deep in thought. I still couldn't decide if I should talk to him or not.

    What good would it do? He told me about his past. The least I could do is tell him about mine.

    He saved me so many times. He's been there for me from day one.

    We've been through so much together.

    And he still doesn't know about me. I wanted him to know. I was just so scared.

    What if he didn't want to be with me anymore? What if he thought I was too much? What if he thought I was too damaged?

    So many questions. So many possibilities.

    His warm lips connected with my cheek. Snapping me out if my thoughts.

    "What are you thinking about so hard?" I shrug. "Baby? What's wrong?"

    Looking at him I see the worry and love in his eyes.

    That's right. We said we loved each other last night. It was honestly so romantic to me.

    Call me a hopeless romantic. Or whatever. Hearing him speak in French was beautiful.

    "I wanted to talk to you about something last night. But we got a little distracted..."

    I look down at my cup and take the last sip, placing it in the sink.

    His hand slips in mine and he takes me to the bedroom. Sitting on the bed, he holds me tightly. Like he was scared to let go.

    Like he was fearing the worst.

    Taking his hand I kiss his palm. His hands were so rough. So warm. So much bigger than my small paler ones.

    "What you wanna talk about," he says, pulling the shirt off my shoulder, kissing my freckled skin.

    I take a deep breath and I start. I let him in. I make myself vulnerable once again for him.