Chapter 8

Rex

Seeing her instantly relaxed me.

    Her red hair was up in a messy bun, the loose curls like a curtain around her face.

    And a beautiful face it was. Freckles spotted her whole face. I knew she had freckles everywhere. The tank top she had on told me that much.

    Her shoulders and arms were mostly covered in them. It made me wonder if the rest of her was covered in them.

    But I was pissed. Furious even. She had ran off without a word. And texting her wasn't an option since I didn't have her number. Yet.

    She was sitting there on the chair putting on shoes. But when I saw a man walk over to her smiling, I completely lost it.

    A hand grabbed my shoulder before I could even take a step towards them. "I wouldn't do that."

    "And why the hell not," I said through clenched teeth.

    Seeing her happy and smiling at someone else made my blood boil. I had no claim on her. But I wanted her. Even if I couldn't have her.

    "She looks absolutely fine. Does she look hurt to you?"

    I knew Jet was trying to calm me down. But it just wasn't happening.

    Yes, she looked fine, but I've never seen her smile like that. I wanted that smile aimed at me. But I've never given her a reason too.

    "I don't give a fuck about that. She's been ignoring me. She has some explaining to do."

    First she avoids us all for a whole fucking week. I had to watch her run off every day. And I was never able to get a word in.

    Camellia wouldn't let me talk to her. She pissed me off so much that when I finally saw her, when I finally got a few words in, all I wanted to do was shake her around. To tell her how stupid she was.

    I said shit I regretted. And she ran. Feeling like a bag of shit, I got Jet to go after her. But he couldn't find her.

    After a few days I started fearing the worst. People around these parts of town aren't exactly people Camellia would want to hang around.

    I only know that because I do business with people around here. After my dad died I took over for him. I was the boss. And people feared me. That was exactly how I liked it.

    Fearing the worst for someone was foreign to me. I never worried or even cared about someone. But that girl made me want too. And that was enough to make me want to stay far away from her.

    When her emerald eyes met mine I clenched my fists. It was the only thing stopping me from walking over there.

    The guy shared a few words with her, glancing over at us Aces with worry. After nodding to him, she started walking over.

    I didn't even give her time to say anything before I lashed out. "Who the fuck is that?"

    Her eyes widened, but she soon sobered up and lifted her chin defiantly. Fuck, she was hot.

    "And why should you care?"

    Looking over at the guy I decided a little torture would suffice. He wouldn't last long. I had my ways of getting people to talk.

    But Jet grabbed onto my shirt. He was a big guy. I was big, but he was buffer. Perks of being a football player.

    "Princess, don't antagonize him."