Chapter 19

When my dad found out I was staying with Rex, he wasn't too happy about it. But he eventually gave up on being angry about it.

    We were all sitting around Erik's shop. He had closed up early.

    Nash had taken my place behind the desk. Practically stole my job.

    But I had absolutely no problem with it. The two of them seemed to be closer. And Lincoln didn't seem to like that.

    "Hey babes. Whatcha thinking about?"

    Erik sat down beside me, handing me a Pepsi.

    I missed working here. I missed working in general. It gave me something to do.

    But I missed Erik the most. He had been my first ever friend. My go to person for comfort.

    "Nothing really."

    He nods and we both look up when Nash knocks down a wrench.

    "Don't you break anything!" Erik gets up and fixes the 'mess' he calls it.

    Ever since I organized the mess he lived in, he never let one thing out of place. And if something was moved he knew it.

    I had created a monster.

    Me: hey

    Tom-Tom: hey sis. What's up?

    Me: nothing. Just wanted to see how you were.

    Tom-Tom: I'm good. Getting ready for my match.

    Me: oh? when?

    Tom-Tom: in about a week.

    Me: want some help training?

    Tom-Tom: sure. I'd love some help. You offering to be my punching bag?😂

    Me: no! I help you train and I learn how to protect myself properly. It's a win win.

    Tom-Tom: sounds like a plan. When are you free?

    Me: I'm free tomorrow and any day after that too.

    Tom-Tom: okay cool. You remember where I used to train right?

    Me: of course I do.

    How could I forget? Those were the years mom was actually okay.

    Tom-Tom: then meet me there around ten.

    Me: got it👍

    If anyone could help me get stronger, physically, it was Thomas.

    And I had been meaning to talk to dad about a trainer, but I never really got around to it.

    More like I didn't want to get up every morning.

    But I needed this. More than anything.

    The rest of the night consisted of Nash purposely pushing things out of order so Erik would get mad over it, Lincoln glaring at Erik, and Jet drinking up all Erik's beer.

    But what really fucked with me was Rex touching me in anyway he could.

    Either it be touching my hand, bumping into me, or grabbing my waist to move me.

    Every touch made me want him even more.

    Once we left, the drive back was just as agonizing.