Chapter 18

I just look at him. It's all I can really do.

    "O-other things?"

    He nods slowly. His eyes skimming down my body.

    "L-like what?"

    A small smirk fell on his lips. His eyes darkened even more. His once grey eyes looked black.

    "Do you want me to tell you," his fingers slipped under my shorts. I could feel him playing with my panties. "Or show you?"

    "I-is there a w-wrong answer to this?"

    "Nope. I'll be able to see those pretty green eyes of yours darken and cloud with pleasure. So it's a win win for me."

    I didn't know which one to choose. This was all so intense and I couldn't think straight.

    The way he was looking at me was driving me insane. It was like he was trying to drive me crazy.

    "Come on, love. Where'd that pretty little voice go?"

    His hand moved from beneath my shorts. I hated it but I was also glad. If his fingers went any further he would've felt how wet I was.

    I shouldn't be this turned on.

    Rex brushed the thin strap of my tank top off my left shoulder. I didn't have time to ask what he was doing before his lips touched my skin.

    He kissed his way to my neck. I tilted my head to give him better access, but all he did was chuckle.

    "I-I want you to-"

    Rex's phone rang.

    He let out a low growl before grabbing it off his desk. His jaw clenched when he saw the caller.

    It couldn't be good then.

    "What the fuck do you want."

    I went to move so he could talk peacefully, but his free arm tightened around my waist.

    "Well fucking find him. If he isn't found tomorrow then he's officially stealing valuable merchandise."

    His free arm had went slack around my waist so I moved to get up again, but he stopped me.

    His dark eyes narrowed in on me. Heat pooled between my thighs.

    "Stop moving, love." He let out a sigh and his jaw ticked. "No I'm not fucking talking to you! I'm busy right now. Figure it out and call me back later."

    Rex hung up and slid his phone back onto the desk.

    "You didn't have to hang up. I would've given you privacy to talk, but you wouldn't let me."

    His thumb swept over my bottom lip and his pupils dilated. "You are more important than some phonecall."

    "It sounded important."

    He shrugs his shoulders lazily. "Doesn't matter."

    "I should probably go get some sleep. It's getting pretty late." I didn't really know what time it was.

    Rex had made me into a blubbering mess. I was stuttering and it was honestly so pathetic.

    "Are you sure you wanna go to sleep?" He kissed my nose, both of my cheeks, and then his lips hovered over mine. "Because it sure doesn't seem like it."

    Before our lips touched I scrambled off his lap and practically ran out the door.

####
The smell of coffee was tempting me to get out of bed. But I couldn't. Not after what happened last night.

    I had been horny to the brink of insanity, but I couldn't sleep with him. I wasn't ready for that.

    Even though he said he wouldn't do anything I didn't want; I couldn't do it. It was absolutely terrifying to me.

    Giving away my virginity to a guy I didn't even remember was one thing. But sleeping with Rex was another. He would wreck my entire world.

    Tear my walls down.

    And I just couldn't let that happen.

    Yes, I know that giving away my virginity was a big thing, but it wasn't such a big deal to me. Not then. But I wish I had waited.

    Forcing myself to get out of bed, I mentally prepared myself.

    I walked down the steps extra careful. Tiptoing into the kitchen, I opened the cabinet to get a coffee cup.

    "You don't have to tiptoe around the house you know."

    Rex's voice startled me and I almost dropped the cup. But I ignored him and poured myself a cup.

    I fixed the coffee how I liked it. I knew ignoring him wasn't a good idea, but I couldn't help it. I was on edge.

    One touch from him and I turned into a bitch in heat!

    It was annoying and unacceptable!

    "Are you mad at me?"

    "No," I say as I take another sip.

    I wasn't mad at him. I just didn't want him touching me anymore.

    It was quiet for a while. So I thought he left out of frustration. But then he turned me around.

    "Are you doing this because of last night?" I nod. "Was it too much?"

    Letting out a sigh, I place my cup on the counter and look at him.

    His eyes were the normal grey. And his brows were bunched up in worry.

    "It was definitely intense."

    Rex's hands gripped the counter on both sides of me. He nodded slowly, like he was processing.

    "But it's not really your fault, Rex. I'm just...new to this."

    Feeling more embarrassed than I've ever been, I look at our feet. I start pulling on the shorts I was wearing.

    He took my chin between his forefinger and thumb and made me look at him.

    Rex had a soft smile on his face, showing off his perfect dimples. A light sparkle was in his eyes.

    His hands moved to my face, brushing my hair behind my ears.

    When he peppered small kisses on my face I let out a giggle. I never giggled, but here I was.

    "I'll let you set the pace then. We'll go as slow or fast as you want."

    I nod and hesitantly kiss his cheek. "Thank you."

    "Don't thank me," he says as he grabs my cup and puts it in my hands. "Finish your coffee and get dressed, okay? We're going out."