Chapter 20

Sweat drenched my body. My lungs constricted with every breath I took. My body ached but I kept pushing myself. I had to get stronger.

    Thomas was in front of me, holding the bag in place, bandages wrapped around his knuckles.

    He had been training long before I had even gotten here. It wasn't a shocker that he was already here. Thomas liked to be ready for whatever came at him.

    So he would be here hours before we were to meet up.

    He had taught me how to throw a proper punch. How to hold my hand and where to punch someone to take them down.

    I learned I could use my legs to take a person down.

    Thomas made sure I knew how to take someone down with just about every technique he knew.

    To tell the truth; I was surprised he knew most of the attacks he showed me. But he was a fighter. Has been since highschool.

    Adults showed him how to fight, and our parents were one hundred percent okay with it. All because Thomas never got severally hurt. And he won a shit load of money.

    "One more time. From the top," Thomas said as he patted the bag.

    Getting into stance I let out a ragged breath.

    Yes, Thomas had bandages around his knuckles, but I had them around my knuckles and ankles too.

    The bandages started on the heal of my foot. Then it ended on my ankle.

    After a few more punches, and a few more kicks, he smiled at me. He looked proud.

    After all, I never once showed interest in fighting. Thomas was the fighter of the family.

    I was the silent one. The used and abused one of the family.

    Mom was the psychopath.

    And dad was the businessman.

    That's just how it was.

    But I wondered if that could change. I was honestly good at this. And if I pursued something like this...maybe I could get money like Thomas does.

    Yes, his fighting is legal, but that doesn't mean mine has to be. Nobody has to know about it. Because I already knew they wouldn't like this idea and they'd go against it.

    "Whatever you're thinking," Thomas's voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Stop thinking it. You're starting to mumble to yourself, so it can't be good."

    He glares at me and flicks my forehead.

    I just huff.

    "I do not mumble to myself."

    He scoffs. "Riiiiight! Just like you don't laugh in your sleep."

    I gasp. "You lier! I don't do that."

    "How would you know?" He says confidently. He just smiled and started taking off the bandages.

    He was right. I wouldn't know. But how would he!

    "I'm joking, Cami. Jeez! So sensitive."

    I stomp my foot, gently enough so it won't hurt, on the concrete. "I am not sensitive you big headed buffoon!"

    He clutched at his naked chest. Well somewhat naked. His tattoos covered him. "You wound me little sister!"

    Shaking my head I laugh. He was a buffoon. But he was still my big brother. The only one I have.