Chapter 23

I woke up in a panic. The last thing I really remembered was screaming and yelling for help. After that was a bit of a blur.

    What happened? Was I still in that awful place? Did that man actually touch me?

    No...no someone saved me. Jet did! Jet saved me from that man. He had untied me and scooped me up in his arms.

    That man was laying on the floor. Jet had knocked him out.

    And then...and then I saw Rex! Rex was there. I remember now. Rex took me from Jet. After he promised that girl meant nothing to him.

    I was so happy. Rex and the others had saved me. I was starting to think they were never going to show.

    Sitting up I look around. I didn't recognize this room.

    There was a huge bookshelf in the left corner. The books were neatly stacked. Some were huge and some were extremely small.

    There was a door to the right of me. Most likely the closest. Or maybe a bathroom?

    But there was another door to the left of me and one in front of me. So maybe the door to the left was the bathroom?

    There was a nightstand on the right next to the bed. The lamp was on, lighting the room for me.

    The sheets were black and almost silky like. The bed itself was huge. It was twice the size of a king bed.

    Getting up out of the bed was easy, but when I planted my feet on the ground my head spun. My legs wobbled and I felt like my whole body was made out of jello.

    I didn't know what was wrong. My head was spinning out of control.

    My body slumped to the floor. Tears rolled down my face.

    What was wrong with me? Why couldn't I protect myself? Why was I so pathetic?

    I could've done something. Anything! But I just laid there and screamed. I screamed and screamed but I didn't do anything!

    I couldn't protect myself....it was gonna happen again. It was bound to happen again! I couldn't go outside anymore. That was the only way to keep myself safe.

    If I stayed inside forever then I wouldn't get hurt anymore. I'd stay inside and live my life safely. I wouldn't be happy but I would be safe.

    I felt so helpless. So vulnerable and small. So pathetic!

    The sound of a door opening made me tense up. New, fresh, tears rolled down my face.

    I heard footsteps getting closer. And then saw shoes. Looking up I saw a face, but I couldn't make it out due to all the tears. They looked blurry.

    The person started walking towards me and I scurried across the floor. Making my way to the door next to me I reached up and grabbed the handle.

    I pulled it down and pulled. But it wouldn't budge. I tried again. Still nothing. It wouldn't budge! Why wouldn't it open!

    Feeling an arm wrap around my stomach sent me into a bigger panic. I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

    They turned me around and I slammed my fists into their chest. I screamed louder. Maybe someone would hear me. Someone had to hear me.

    I thought I was safe! I thought Rex and Jet saved me!

    Maybe that was just a dream...maybe I was still trapped. Maybe they put me in a more nicer room for higher pay.