So you've got a date to the wedding

We left the restaurant after eating dinner. Josh didn't even wait for the rest of us to finish as soon as he and his date were done he paid then left. Cooper came back to Aiden's house with me, Zack, and Sophia to get his car.

Zack left in his car right when we got to Aiden's house. Cooper took Sophia home after telling me he was spending the night at her house. I spent a few hours at Aiden's house before deciding to go home.

"Hey so about the wedding." I tell Aiden as he drives towards my house. "Don't worry we're just going as friends. I know you're still not over Josh." Aiden says glancing at me.

I smile slightly looking over at him. "Why are you doing this?" I ask him. Aiden chuckles while pulling into the driveway. He turns the car off then turns to face me.

"Brooklyn I care about you. I hate seeing you sad. If I could do anything to keep a smile on your face then I'll do it." He says. "Thanks Aiden." I lean over and hug him.

He hugs me back then gets out of the car. We both walk up the porch steps. I turn to face him when we get to the door. "Thank you for the ride and for everything. I had fun tonight." I tell him.

"Don't mention it. I'm glad you had fun." He smiles. "Text me when you get home." I say. "Will do." He leans over giving me a quick hug. After we let go I unlock the door then walk into the house.

"So you've got a date to the wedding?" Bryce says from the living room. "Hey." I walk into the living room. I see both Josh and Bryce sitting down on the couch.

"Yeah I do." I nod smiling. "I'm glad you're smiling again. It's been a while since I've seen you have fun the way you did tonight." Bryce says standing up. He's not wrong. Every since the Franco situation I haven't really been myself. I've slowly come out of my grieving stage. I just started leaving my room to actually go out.

"I'm going to bed I'll see you tomorrow." Bryce says hugging me. He kisses the top of my head before letting go. "I'm going wedding shopping with Sophia early in the morning I'll probably be gone by the time you wake up. If I am I'll see you when I get home." I tell him.

"Alright. Goodnight." Bryce says. "Goodnight." I call out to Bryce as he walks up the stairs. "So you and Aiden now?" Josh asks standing up. "What about me and Aiden?" I ask him confused.

"You guys are together now?" He asks rolling his eyes. "No." I shake my head. He scoffs shaking his head. "So you are going on dates with him. You kiss him in the driveway when he drops you off and you're going to Cooper and Sophia's wedding together. But you're not together?"

"I don't know who lied to you but I didn't kiss him. We haven't gone on dates and yes we're going to the wedding together but as friends." I cross my arms.

"No one lied to me I saw you two leaning in and kissing in the driving after he turn off his car." Josh says through gritted teeth. "We weren't kissing we were hugging. Why do you even care Josh? So what if I'm dating him. You're going on dates with people so why can't I?" I ask him.

"I already told you I don't care. Aiden just isn't someone you should be dating." He shrugs. I narrow my eyes at him crossing my arms. "What the hell is that supposed to mean? Aiden is a good guy. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't date him."

"So you admit you like him." Josh says walking over to me. "Aiden and I are just friends Josh." I look up at him. "Answer my question Brooklyn." He looks down at me. "No. I don't like him. Aiden is my friend and that's all he'll ever be." I say.

"For you two being friends you sure do flirt a lot." He says. I roll my eyes leaning against the wall behind me. "We don't flirt. I don't know what you're trying to get out of this conversation or what your problem with Aiden is but I don't have to explain myself to you."