I killed someone

~3 Days Later~

I open my eyes blinking rapidly. I groan softly as my eyes adjust to the bright light. I wince when I move to sit up so I could see where I'm. My entire body feels sore.

"Brooklyn? You're awake." I hear Bryce say softly next to me. "Broccoli." I smile softly trying to sit up again. "Where am I?" I ask.

He hits Cooper's arm who is asleep on the chair next to him while he jumps up to help me sit up. "Take it slow." He says gently grabbing my hand and pulling me up slowly.

"You're at the hospital. Do you remember what happened?" He asks. He hands me the bed remote and I start to move the bed into a sitting position.

"Little B you're finally awake." Cooper says smiling. I see the look of relief in his eyes as he walks up to me and hugs me. I try not to wince when he hugs me since my body is in pain.

"Dude, be careful she just woke up" Bryce glares at Cooper. "Right I'm sorry." Cooper says quickly letting me go. "It's okay Bryce." I chuckle softly.

"To answer your question yes." I nod. "I got hit by a car last night after I ran out of Franco's house." I tell them. Bryce and Cooper both give each other a look.

"What?" I ask confused. "Brooklyn that was three days ago. You were in a coma for three days." Cooper is the one to speak up.

My eyes widen when I hear the word coma come out of Coopers mouth. "What happened in that house? Why did you run out like that? Why did we hear a gun go off just before you ran out?" Bryce asks looking at me.

My mind instantly goes back to the moment I shot the guy. My body starts to shake and I feel myself not being able to breath. My eyes water as I replay the moment in my head. I feel my throat closing in on me making it hard for me to breath.

I don't notice I'm crying until I feel Bryce grab my hand. "Brooklyn look at me." He says. He's been calling my name but my mind was blocking out his voice.

"It's okay. Breath, you're safe now." He says kneeling down next to me. Cooper walks over to the other side of the bed grabbing my other hand. "Brooklyn you're having a panic attack. Take deep breaths." Cooper says.

I'm just having a panic attack focus on breathing. I repeat in my mind while taking deep breaths. After a few seconds I manage to calm down a bit. My body is still shaking while tears are pouring down my eyes.

"I....I-I...." I choke out. "Look at me." Bryce says. I look over at him crying even more. "You're okay Bee. Cooper and I are here we won't let anything happen to you." He says wiping my tears but more run down my face.

"Guys I killed someone." I manage to say. Bryce and Cooper don't say anything instead they both just hug me. They both have tears in their eyes when they let me go. Cooper quickly wiped his eyes but Bryce can't help but let a few tears roll down his cheek.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean too. I didn't want to do it. But he wouldn't let me go. He wouldn't stop kissing my neck while trying to take my shirt off." I tell them.

"You don't have to say anything else Brooklyn it was self defense." Bryce says sitting down next to me on the bed. "For now don't worry about that." He says pulling me onto his side. I slightly relax into him when he wraps his arms around me.

Cooper let's go of my hand and I hug Bryce while Cooper walks back over to the chair. "I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Bryce says rubbing my back.

"It's not your fault." I whisper. Eventually I calm down  falling asleep while Bryce comforts me and rubs my back soothing my crying.

I sleep for a little over 2 hours. I wake up to see Bryce and Cooper both asleep. Bryce immediately wakes up when I lift my head up. "Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." I whisper.