♥ Chapter 19 ♥The Portrait Project

Courtney's P.O.V

1 more freaking hour until art...
I continue to look at the clock because math is boring and it sucks. Who cares if I get a bad grade on my test? I always study last minute, anyway. I usually do alright.

As the teacher continues to babble on about alagebra or whatever we're learning, I daydream.

Suddenly RRRRING! The bell rings. Its time for art! Yes! Thank you Jesus!

I spring up from my seat and happily walk out the door. I rush to art class, and I see that today we have a substitute teacher.

"Hello, class. I am your substitute teacher. Miss Malcolm." Says Miss Malcolm.
She looks young but boring. She is wearing a long gray skirt and a white shirt with flower designs on it. The flowers are gray. Her hair is up in tight bun, and she has a frown on her face. She probably woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Your original teacher, Mr. Jones, was in an... Accident. A car accident. So I will be teaching art class for one entire month until your teacher gets back. And at the end of class, even if we are not a Catholic school, I want you guys to pray for Mr. Jones."

Some people groan.
"Oh, shut up and quit your groaning! God is good."Miss Malcom snaps.

She seems really serious so every body sits up on their seats in a nice position. Mr. Jones could never get us to do that. Usually some guys would be slouching, and some girls... I don't even know what they were doing!

"Okay, for today I have assigned you all with a project. And partners. Yay, partners, fun right? NO." Miss Malcolm says as she hits her ruler on her desk so hard it snaps. She gets a new yellow ruler.

"Anyways, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, I will assign you all with partners. And projects. Your project is to paint a portrait of your partner. Do not miss any detail! Every single pimple or flaw will be painted. Since this is a very easy project, I expect you all to do very well.  If you give me your portrait and it has a single scratch, or if its missing a single detail, I will give it back to you and you will do the whole thing over. If your partner does not draw a good portrait, you BOTH start over. From the top. Anyways, now I will give you all partners."

Why did our substitute have to be so strict and mean? And why did she say she was rudely interrupted, when nobody even did anything?
Stupid teacher.

"Miles and Loretta,"

"Jenna and James"

"Georgia and Zane"

"Courtney and Cameron"

"Kylie and Fred"

"Louis and Victoria"

Cameron? Who the fuck is Cameron? I don't even know this guy and I have to be partners with him.
Why couldn't I be partners with Georgia? Why did she assign me with a boy partner?!?

I groan.

"Ahem, Courtney, do you have a problem with something? Well, too bad. Nobody cares if your mad because you got a guy partner. Life isn't fair! Nothing is fair. So shut the fluff up and suck it up. Goodness. You must be one of those popular wannabes!" Miss Malcolm said.