♥ Chapter 11 ♥Just A Dream

Courtney's P.O.V

I wake up and lay on my bed, both hands on my stomache as I let out a soft sigh after remembering last night. It was magical. The kiss, everything. But there's only one problem.

Madison.

She's going to find out eventually, and then she'll kill me. But she's staying away from me after the fight. She casts me glares here and there once in a while, but that's it.

I get up and get changed for school. I get dressed in a black hoodie and white skinny jeans and red converse. I only put on ChapStick, because who needs makeup? I only wear makeup on special occasions. But not too much.

I go downstairs and make myself breakfast. Mom comes to the kitchen rubbing her eyes. "Ohh... My stomach hurts." She groans.

"Have you taken any stomach medicine?" I ask her.

She nods. "Yes. I threw up yesterday and... Ohh.. Will you make breakfast for me, hun?" She asks me.

I nod pouring some cereal into a bowl.

"Where's Melanie?" I ask.

"Her friend's mom is taking them to school." Mom says, taking a seat on the couch.

I make my mom some breakfast before eating cereal and heading to school.

People point and whisper as usual as I step out of my car.

"Courtney! You will not believe what happened yesterday!" Georgia comes up to me and squeals. Kimmy is sick today. Some best friend. How could she leave Georgia and I alone with all these idiots?

"What is it?" I ask

She takes a deep breath. "So, my mom let me borrow some money for shopping. Bill, (Bill is Georgia's boss at the Koffee King) let me take a day off from work, an at the mall guess who I met? Ralph Winston! And we're getting pretty close..." Georgia squeals.

"Ooh, nice. Your lucky! Yesterday was the worst. I had to babysit this stupid kid named Jimmy or Timmy." I said, daring myself not to bite my nails. I bite my nails when I'm lying.

"That sucks. But at least you got paid." Georgia smiled, showing her perfect white teeth.

I nod. "I need to go. I promised Ralph I would meet him at his locker before class. See ya later, Court!" Georgia says and walks fast to Ralph.

I sigh and walk into school, opening my locker to put my stuff inside.

"I've always wondered what your locker combination was." Says a voice.

I jump and turn around, to see a smiling Zane standing near me. He really has to stop wearing his Vanilla and Cinnamon cologne. It makes me hungry...

For food, of course.

"You scared me! Don't you know it's rude to scare people?" I say madly.

He shrugs. "I scare people all the time."

I roll my eyes. I bet he does.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

He takes a deep breath before speaking.

"Madison and I broke up." He says.
Happy dance! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!
But wait.... If he and Madison broke up...

"When did you break up?" I ask.

"2 days ago." He says.

I become angry. "Two days ago? So the only reason you kissed me was because you were sad?" I ask furiously.

"No, Courtney its not like that-" he says, but I cut him off.

"Save it, Zane! I don't need any excuses. Sometimes you can be such a... Jerk!" I spat at him before turning my back to walk away.

But I'm not fast enough, because Zane grabs my arm tightly but not too tight, and holds me against the lockers, careful not to hit my head.

Omg! This is just like in the books when the guy holds the girl against the lockers or wall and kisses her!

"What happened to your saying, not jumping into conclusions?" Zane asks in a sexy voice.

I squirm trying to get out, but he holds me tighter. "Zane I'm gonna be late for class! Let me go." I demand.

"Courtney can you let me explain please?" He asks, giving me his puppy eyes.

I look down at the floor trying not to look, but he holds my chin up so I can face him.

"I didn't kiss you because I was sad or anything like that. The truth is, I broke up with Madison. I realized she wasn't worth it... And I also realized during the past few days we were together, she hated you. She even spread a bunch of lies. Of course I wasn't gonna be with someone who hated one of my most awesomest friends.... So I broke up with her." He takes a breath from talking.

"The truth is, I never really liked Madison. There's another girl that I really loved..." He says looking me in the eye.

"Who is she?" I ask. He kisses me on the forehead before saying,

"You."

***

"YOU! YOU! COURTNEY, WAKE UP!" Says the teacher.

Wait... That was just a dream? It felt so... Real.

I can't believe this.

So Zane didnt break up with Madison.

And he doesn't love me.

"Im sorry Ms. Mellark." I say before looking down. She smacks her ruler on my desk making a huge smack sound.

"I do not tolerate any sleeping of any kind in my class. Detention after school!" Ms. Mellark orders.

My mouth goes wide open. Detention? Never in my life have i ever had detention!

This bitch.

"Excuse me?!? How dare you use that language on me? 2 days detention!" Ms. Mellark says, her face red from anger.

"I'm so sorry Ms. Mellark. I was thinking out loud." I say before thinking of the song, Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran.

She huffs and walks back up to the board and continues teaching her math.

I groan. I had to find out if that was a dream or not. I could ask Zane at the detention. He always has detention.