thirty-nine.

A/N: Hello my loves!! I am truly sorry for my disappearance. Recently, things haven't been well for me. Things are just now starting to get better and with that, I'm hoping to start updating again.

I thank you all for your patience and your kindness. I've gotten many sweet messages from you all on TikTok, Instagram, and here. Thank you. I love you all. ❤️❤️

***

Theo Nott.

A few days had passed and all of us had just been hanging around the house, going to London, baking for fun, and just some random things.

Sadie was still pretty quiet but at least she wasn't locked up in my room. That's all I cared about. I cared about her being alone.

I knew how it felt to be alone. I knew how it felt to just lay there in bed and not want to do anything; not have the motivation to do the simplest things.

When my mother died, I wanted nothing else than to just be alone. I felt so alone after she had passed and I wanted nothing more than to just imagine her hand on my shoulder and her telling me how much she loved me.

Laying in my bed for hours and never leaving was my comfort. I would imagine her sitting next to me, telling me how she learned to play another song on the piano and that she couldn't wait to teach me someday.

I stayed sitting on the counter, staring off into space at the floor and not listening to anything anyone was saying.

All I could think about was how Sadie felt and if she was okay.

She wasn't, but I just wondered why.

"Theo?" I heard a voice echo throughout my mind. "Theo?" Again, I heard it. "Hey." I felt a hand on my thigh and focused again, looking up and at Sadie. "Are you okay?"

I furrowed my brows and then looked around the kitchen at everyone else. I was zoned out for so long that I didn't even notice that the cookies were done and I didn't even know they were trying to get my attention.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I lied, shaking my head and finding my train of thought.

Sadie gave me a look like she knew something was up but she just nodded. "We have to let the cookies cool. You mentioned you have a pool?"

I nodded, "Yeah, it's just down the hall-"

"Great!" Pansy jumped up, grabbing Korrie's hand and pulling her out of the kitchen, "Get ready! We're going swimming!"

Draco laughed and Blaise chuckled as he got up to get ready. Astoria followed Draco to go and get their swimsuits.

Once again, and quicker than I thought, I zoned out.

Something had broken her heart before we left. Something had shattered her and she didn't want to talk about it. Why wouldn't she? Sadie knows that I'm here for her.

But yet again, when my mother passed, I didn't want to talk to anyone at all either.

"Hey..." She rested her hand on my cheek, pulling me back into the real world, "Are you sure you're okay? You seem... out of it?"

I hopped off of the counter and nodded. "I'm fine."

Sadie sent me a small smile and then followed me up to my room.

***

"Are you guys ready?" Korrie asked, yelling up the stairs, "Because we're going to start swimming without you."

Sadie came out of the bathroom with a black cover-up on, her lavender-colored swimsuit showing through.

"They've already started swimming," I said, grabbing my towel and walking over to the door.