seven.

Sadie Myers.

It was always his eyes. Here and there. Fucking everywhere. No matter where I tuned. In almost all my classes, at every meal, and even in the corridors. No matter how hard I tried to stay away, he was always there. 

I hadn't been back to the window seat since. I couldn't do it. I knew he would be there and after saying what I did and after the tension that had risen between us... I knew he felt it too but I couldn't do it. It had only been at least two days, but still. 

His chest under my hands. The way his heartbeat had increased. The way he held my waist and the shock that ran through me at his touch. My thoughts of wanting to kiss him. That thing that had unlocked a few days ago... I couldn't handle it.

I had locked up those thoughts and memories for a reason and I had an even better reason now... 

Theodore Nott was not one for relationships. He was someone who could never like someone like me. That was a fact. He was a ladies' man now; a player. Not one for a relationship or capable of steadying feelings for someone. 

No matter how blue his eyes were, how easy it was for him to speak to a woman, no matter how attractive he was... I wouldn't get caught under his spell and I wouldn't fall into his hole.

It was like Alice in Wonderland. You didn't know what the treats did to you, but if you took a bite then you would risk it all. It was also like the, what seemed, never-ending hole. You wouldn't know where it ended or if you could get back up. 

"Sadieeeee" Pansy came up to me, interrupting my peaceful walk to class "Party tonight, you coming?" 

I looked at her and smirked "And mother you all... I don't know." 

"Oh come on. We won't get too wasted." She smiled, begging with her eyes. 

"You say that every time." I shook my head, continuing to walk. 

"We know. We just get a little too carried away with the drinking games." Astoria came to my other side, locking her arm with mine. 

"You should come. Only you and Merlin know how to take care of this one when she's wasted." Blaise smirked, throwing his arm around Pansy. 

"I don't know guys." I shook my head, watching as Draco and Theo turned in the hallway, joining the line of us walking to classes. 

My breath hitched as his eyes caught my gaze for a split second. It would've lasted longer if I didn't look away. I was surprised I did because I didn't trust myself to not. 

"Come on Myers. I'll be serving the drinks I promise... I won't let your hand touch a cup. Such a lightweight." Theo spoke, shaking his head and chuckling. When I chanced a glance at him, he was looking at me and waiting for a reaction from me. 

He did it. He mentioned it after a few days. He knew what he was doing. 

I narrowed my eyes at him and he chuckled again, looking away. I turned back and looked at the girls on each side of me, puppy dog eyes and all. 

"Fine." I caved. "But Astoria, you're sleeping in Dracos room. I need sleep and can't stand your groaning." I smiled, looking at my best friend and watching her nod. 

I looked further next to her and my eyes landed on Theo again. His head was down and he was looking at the floor, lost in thought. 

Merlin. How could someone be so good-looking? 

***

I sat at my desk in my bedroom, working on my homework for the weekend to pass as much time as I could before the party. Astoria was racing around the room, trying on every outfit that she owns trying to find the 'perfect' one for Draco.