thirty-eight.

Sadie Myers.

When I got back to the school, I was excused from all of my classes for the rest of the week. For the first time in my life, I didn't want to work on school. I didn't want to work on anything. All I wanted to do was lay in my bed and do nothing.

So there I was, many days later and laying in my bed, doing nothing.

I wanted to be alone.

My father had told Korrie about my mother and she had checked in on me, hoping I was okay.

I wasn't.

Astoria comes in and lays next to me, rubbing her hand up and down my back and letting me know she's here for me.

Theo is constantly here. After every class, he comes and checks up on me, never asking questions. He's been late for all of his classes because he wants to be with me. During meals, he'll bring me food, which I don't eat, and he sits on my bed and tries to talk.

I do nothing.

I heard the door open but didn't move, knowing that it was someone coming in to check on me.

I felt the bed sink behind me, an arm wrapping around my waist and pulling me into them.

Theo's soft and warming scent filled my senses, helping me relax. I was warmed by his touch and melted into him, keeping my eyes closed.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked, brushing my hair from my face.

I shrugged.

"Darling, I'm worried about you." He whispered, "How can I help? I'll do anything."

Memories of seeing my mother lying in the hospital, basically brain dead, raced through my mind.

I could feel the tears filling behind my closed eyes and I opened them, letting the droplets fall.

I rolled over, Theo leaning upon one of his arms and the other still around my waist.

I tried hard not to cry but the tears kept falling. "Just-" my voice cracked, "Stay with me. Be with me."

His face was sad and I could tell he was trying not to cry himself. It's always been hard for Theo to see me like this. And it's rare for me to act like this. But he's been by my side through it all.

He nodded and kissed my forehead, pulling me further into him. "I'm here, love. I'm not leaving. I'm with you for good."

I snuggled into his chest, him laying down and holding me as close as he could.

His arms being wrapped around me were my security. He is my safety. He is my everything.

I don't want to let this go. And I never will.

It scared the hell out of me to admit it but... I think I love him.

***

It's Saturday morning and everyone is ready and packed to go on Christmas break. All of us are going to Theo's. Me, for the whole Christmas break, and others for a few days. But it'll be fun.

I've decided to forget about my mother and everything for now. It's better to have a clear mind for this trip because it's the first time that I'll be by myself and having my own fun.

Ross told me not to worry about the coffee shop and that I should just come and visit and properly introduce him and Theo to one another.

"Ready to go?" Astoria asked, standing in the doorway next to Korrie.