xxxii. serendipity

" 우주가 우릴 위해 움직였어

The universe has moved for us

조금의 어긋남조차 없었어

There wasn't anything even slightly out of place

너와 내 행복은 예정됐던 걸

Our happiness has been destined. "

--CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO--

October 20, 1979

Saturday

7:00 pm

Arabella sat in the study of her apartment, contemplating what she would be having for dinner. She much preferred to have something homemade rather than ordering in, so that's what she was doing—looking through a rather thick muggle cooking book, hoping that she would find something that would catch her eye. It was only her that night since Evan had gone out with Remus, the two of them having worked through their hiccup. Arabella wouldn't say that they were dating just yet, but they were getting to know each other on a deeper level.

She was about to put the kettle on to boil water when the silvery Patronus of a dog burst through the kitchen wall.

"Arabella, it's Sirius. I'm coming over, and I won't take no for an answer. I'm bringing cookies. See you in five," the dog spoke before vanishing into thin air.

Arabella snorted a little at his forwardness and quickly realized that she wasn't properly dressed to have company over. She ran to her room and slipped on a pair of black jeans and a cream color sweater. She was about to leave the room when she heard a knock on the door.

After dealing with the ridiculous locks that she had placed on the door, she was greeted with the sight of the eldest Black brother. Sirius was wearing his usual leather jacket with a white t-shirt and some loose blue jeans. In his hands was a plate of cookies, and in the other was a bottle of white wine.

"You got here pretty fast," Arabella stated with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, well, I would have gotten here faster if it wasn't for James asking me what to wear on his date with red," he sighed as he walked further into the apartment. Even though Lily and James were already married, they still made an effort to spend some quality alone time since they were busy with work.

"So what brings you around? I thought you had a mission today." Arabella questioned, taking a seat on the couch and Sirius doing the same.

"What? I can't surprise my favorite girl?" Sirius gave her an amused glance. "And the mission got canceled. Something about the location of the death eaters changing again."