ix. the last great american dynasty

" And they said "There goes the last great American dynasty"

Who knows, if she never showed up what could've been "

--CHAPTER NINE--

--CHAPTER NINE--

September 14, 1977

Wednesday

Arabella was sure that Dumbledore was ignoring her. Every time she would try and catch him in his office, he would mysteriously vanish. All she wanted was an update on when they would start looking for the Horcruxes, but he wouldn't even give her that. If Arabella was honest, she didn't trust Dumbledore like she used to. She felt like he had underlining intentions to all his actions. She knew that he did things for the greater good but at what cost? The lives of the innocent? That is something Arabella couldn't get behind. So, this time around, she would do everything in her power to save all the collateral damage she could.

That weekend, as promised, Arabella had gone to see Hagrid. She thought it was exciting to talk about her favorite creatures with a man who was equally as passionate as herself. They had talked about most of the creatures that they had on the Hogwarts grounds. He even had a few baby bowtruckles on the trees right outside of the forbidden forest. They seemed to like Arabella, so she promised them she would return as soon as she got the chance. 

Hagrid also took her to look at the thestrals. Apparently, word got out about her Patronus, and Hagrid wanted to make sure she knew where they were, knowing that the girl might have some deep connection with the gentle creature. They had made plans to meet up again to have more tea and hopefully welcome some new baby nifflers that were about to arrive any day.

It was now the second week of school, and Arabella found herself adapting to the busy life of Hogwarts. A few students stopped by, mostly first years trying to master simple charms during the first week. She was lucky that her seventh-year students hadn't stopped by. Arabella was also trying to avoid them, again. She knew that she shouldn't have shown them her powers because now, every time they looked at her, she knew that they had a billion questions on the tip of their tongues.

But Arabella knew that she couldn't avoid them all the time since she had to keep an eye on them. She had to make sure peter wasn't hanging with the wrong sort. She also had to keep an eye out for Regulus, and some of the death eaters that Arabella knows are currently students. Arabella had a lot on her plate, and she couldn't be avoiding her issues.

She walked down the corridors of Hogwarts, making her way to the library to see if she could research her mysterious abilities. She felt like it was a good time to look for an explanation to make sure that it was safe and not something she needed to tell others about.