xxix. glory and gore

There's a hummin' in the restless summer air

And we're slippin' off the course that we prepared

But in all chaos there is calculation. "

--CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE--

July 23- August 31, 1978

A little over a month had passed since their day at the lake. For Arabella, every day had looked the same. She would hang out with Evan for the most part while also visiting their other friends when they had the time. The order had one more meeting during those summer holidays, but it wasn't noteworthy. She had gone to her training sessions with the centaurs, slowly becoming more powerful and controlling her magic. It was September first, meaning that Evan would go back to school. She was extremely sad to see him go because that would mean she would be alone, and she didn't want that. Though it was safer for him to be there, Arabella knew he had been itching to get back to Regulus. Arabella had decided it would be a good day to visit Dumbledore and let him know everything going on with that situation.

----

September 1, 1978

Friday

Kings cross station

10:45 am

"Don't do anything stupid. Try not to draw too much attention to yourself. Don't tell anyone where you're living since people in your house still have contact with your parents," Arabella urged Evan as they crossed the barrier between the platforms.

Evan stopped in front of her and grabbed hold of her shoulders, "Ara, I know. We've talked about this already."

Arabella sighed, "I know, I'm just paranoid."

"I'm going to be just fine. Its Hogwarts. The safest place in the world."

"I beg to differ," Arabella muttered.

Evan furrowed his brows, "What?"

"Nothing, nothing," she waved him off. "You better get going. The train is leaving soon. Give Reg my best okay?"

Evan took her into his arms and gave Arabella a big hug, "I will. Take care of yourself, alright? That means no more staying up late listing everything you are doing wrong."

Arabella let out a soft laugh and let go of the boy, "I'll try my best. I love you, Ev."

"I love you too," he answered back just as he turned his back and headed towards the train. Arabella waited until the train had left to head back towards her apartment. However, the one thing she didn't notice was a certain Black matriarch watching the whole interaction with Evan. With a satisfied smirk, Walburga Black apparated with the intent of bringing the news straight to the Rosier manor.