v. someday

" Ah, see, alone we stand, together we fall apart

Yeah, I think I'll be alright

I'm working so I won't have to try so hard. "

--CHAPTER FIVE--

--CHAPTER FIVE--

August 30, 1977

Wednesday 

It had been a few weeks since Arabella's day out in London; she had recently found herself in a routine. Every day she would wake up and read whatever book she could find on her bookshelf for about an hour. Then she would go to the kitchen in her pajamas and have breakfast with the house-elves. When she was finished, Arabella would walk around the castle's halls, talking to the paintings. She still hadn't visited merlin because she was trying to develop a plan on how to approach the grumpy old wizard. The fat lady and Arabella would gossip about the other portraits around the castle, seeing as the students weren't at school yet. The paintings have more exciting lives than anyone—so much drama.

Arabella would also spend her time with the ghosts. She would venture off to Ravenclaw tower and talk to the grey lady, Helena. Arabella found her very wise and insightful. She was good at giving advice during Arabella's troubling times. She had also had some run-ins with Peeves, but she wanted to steer clear of the poltergeist with the fear that he would dump some unknown substance on her.

Arabella waited for a message from Dumbledore. She figured he was still on business and not here in the castle. Arabella had done everything the headmaster had asked her. She had written down every single important detail about the war she could remember, and it was a lot. She was thankful that she took notes during her time with her friends because if she hadn't, Arabella would have most definitely forgotten everything.

It wasn't until August 30th when she received an owl from Dumbledore telling her that they would meet the next day at noon.

----

August 31, 1977

Friday

The next day Arabella woke up late. She should have known better than to stay up and try to get the attention of the giant squid. She quickly got ready and threw on the first clothes she found, some loose-fitting black jeans and a cream halter top. She put on her leather jacket and her converse and made her way to Dumbledore's office.

Arabella sprinted through the Hogwarts corridors, listening to the portraits telling her to slow down.

When she got to the gargoyle statue, Arabella quickly greeted Thomas and told him that he would see him later to catch up. The oak door leading to the office was wide open when she got there. It took a few minutes for her to regain her composure that she didn't even realize that Dumbledore wasn't alone in his office. Five people were currently watching her, trying to catch her breath with her hands on her knees and sweat on her face.