xxv. feels like summer

" You can feel it in the streets

On a day like this, the heat

It feel like summer

I feel like summer "

--CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE--

July 20, 1978

Thursday

7:00 am

"WAKE UP!" Arabella shouted as she jumped on Evan's bed. It had been two weeks since the poor boy had appeared on her couch, though he was still not used to the early wake-up calls. On the other hand, Arabella had come to love early mornings ever since she came in 1977.

"Come on, Ara. Five more minutes," Evan groaned, shifting his body from one side of the bed to the other. However, this was the wrong move because he caused her to lose balance, sending her flying off the bed.

"Owwww!" she moaned. Evan laughed from his spot on the bed, not bothering to check if she was alright. Arabella then grabbed one of the pillows that had fallen and whacked him repeatedly on his head.

Evan put his hands up for some protection against the small girl, "Okay, okay! I'm up! Jeez, I still don't understand why we need to work out so early."

That was another thing that came with living with Arabella, early workouts. She continually expressed that she was so out of shape. So her solution was to start running around the park in the mornings.

"I need to get in shape, and you can't just sleep all morning. Plus, after the workout, we can get coffee at the cafe around the corner. You know, the one you love," Arabella sang, hoping it would lighten up his mood.

Evan sighed, "Fine, but we are not walking around the pond. The geese freak me out."

Arabella snorted, "That's because you thought that scaring them was a good idea. They remember the faces of the people that have wronged them. Did you know?"

"I'm pretty sure those are crows, ara," Evan said as he put on his running shoes.

"No, I'm pretty sure it's the geese. Either way, I'm sure the geese wouldn't be ever happy to see you too," Arabella said as she stepped out of the room, "be ready in five."

----

They had both been out of the apartment for an hour and their morning run turned into a walk. Evan and Arabella strolled at a leisurely pace, making sure to avoid any birds. They had their baseball caps and sunglasses on, just as extra protection to not get recognized, not that any death eater would come to a muggle park.