I FORGET WHERE WE WERE

" Hello love, my invincible friend

Hello love, the thistle, and the burr

Hello love, for you I have so many words

But I, I forget where we were "

(tw-depression/anxiety)

--SEASONS CHANGE--

Interlude

September to December

1978

It had been months since Arabella was in the hospital. The only people that ended up knowing what had happened to her were there that day. Since that fateful day, Arabella had started staying at the castle, a little afraid of what going home might entail. No one knew that she was staying there, besides the students. She came back and resumed her position as a tutor but that was the extent of her job requirements.

Every day had become more and more dreadful in Arabella's eyes. Even waking up in the morning became a level ten activity. She had stopped talking to her friends. The only time she would see them would be at random order meetings but those had become less frequent. She was distant and overall afraid in the past months. Arabella had always been a brave soul, never letting anything put a halt in what she wanted to do. Though the incident that happened last September seemed to do the trick. The only active thing she participated in was training and that's only because she was forced to.

Everyone was worried about her. The marauders and the girls had tried their best to talk to her and figure out what was bothering her but when she wouldn't give in. So they decided to stop, not wanting to pressure her into talking. Benji had told them that she was going through some issues in her personal life and to give her space until she felt ready to talk. Though talking was something Arabella didn't do much these days. The only people she would communicate with were Dumbledore, Minnie, Benji, Regulus, and Evan. She would have Regulus and Evan to distract her from her pesky thoughts, while the others gave her updates on what was going on in the wizarding world.

Arabella had spent the following holidays in the comfort of the burrow, the only place that gave her a familial feeling. Her friends would all send beautiful presents, and she would do the same, but she didn't make an effort in seeing them, with the fear that they would ask her what was wrong. They all continued with work, constantly updating her on their jobs. She would constantly receive letters from them, some coming once a week to every other week.

Though the person that was consistent in sending her some type of message was Sirius. He would send her letters detailing how work was going and he would ask a handful of questions hoping for her to respond to some of them but she wouldn't. Her replies would come once a week and that was when she was feeling up for it. Her letters were vague, not detailing anything about her life. Arabella was upset with herself. She had come to the conclusion that she did like Sirius a very long time ago and she had decided that she was going to do something about it. Though when she finally had made a decision, everything in her life had changed once again. She hated herself for not being more present in the lives of the people that she loved, but how could she be present for their lives when she had checked out of her own?