i. the last time

"And right before your eyes

I'm aching

Run fast, nowhere to hide

Just you and me"

-CHAPTER ONE-

-CHAPTER ONE-

Narrated by an old friend

May 2, 1998

So here they are.

Arabella Goldstein and her friends were currently stuck in a little predicament.

Actually, the predicament is a bit of an understatement.

They are in a whole lot of shit.

Arabella was currently running for her life because some dumbass, that dumbass being Goyle, decided it would be a good idea to light the Room of Requirement on fire. Fiendfyre.

Harry, Arabella, Hermione, and Ron were all in the Room of requirement looking for the diadem of Ravenclaw; when they finally located the damned tiara, Draco Malfoy and his cronies decided to pay them a visit.

They couldn't have come at a worse time.

"Accio broomsticks" yelled Harry.

He has his moments of genius, and this is one of them.

"Bella, get on. COME ON STOP STARING AT THE FIRE!" shouted Hermione.

Hermione snapped in her face to get Arabella out of her little trance that honestly wasn't helping anyone at the moment.

"Right coming," Bella told her as she was getting on the back of the broomstick. 

Arabella decided to close her eyes and pray to whoever was listening to get them out of there alive.

Harry and Ron put their Gryffindor bravery to the test by helping Draco and Crabbe get the hell out of the Room. Goyle didn't make it by the looks of it. Bella didn't feel bad because two minutes before he set the place on fire, he threw the killing curse at her. So let's just say the asshole deserved it.

Hermione was in charge of carrying the diadem, and just at the last minute of reaching the doors, she drops the tiara into the fire so it could be destroyed for good.