026.

it was perfect. kenma knew exactly what he was going to do when he asked her out.

1. he would make sure it's the early morning on the same day before y/n caught her plane so he could surprise her.

2. he wouldn't be able to go to south korea straight away, but would move there shortly after asking her out and talking about it.

3. failure is NOT allowed in his mind. no matter what happened, y/n would say yes.

4. finally, be happy with the woman he loves most.

"yeah. sounds great to me." kuroo said, reading kenma's list.

"she's a sucker for surprises! she'll love it!" emiko yelled from the kitchen.

"i already have her schedule wrote down so i'm sure i'll meet her at the right time." kenma smiled at his master plan.

"what if she gets angry that you're asking her out last minute though? she won't have time to change her mind about going to korea." kuroo questioned.

"don't worry, y/n will understand once i tell her i'll move to south korea soon afterwards. she's caring like that."

"whipped like cream!" leo said, giggling shortly after. he's obviously been hanging around his father for way too long.

"tetsurō, you have got to stop teaching him all this cringey slang! especially at such a young age." emiko walked over to the others, picking leo up while she was at it, "you want to be cool like your mama, don't you? daddy's such a loser." she giggled after her son nodded.

"whatever, you guys never stop teasing each other. it's like you haven't changed since high school." kenma rolled his eyes.

"auntie y/n said that if you roll your eyes too much, they can get stuck— and uncle ken, i don't want to be mean, but your face would be really, really scary if it was stuck like that."

kenma stuck his tongue out, "your vocabulary is too big for a four year old, i'm leaving. bye leo, bye, kuroo, bye emiko."

walking home was very peaceful for kenma. it gave him time to think the whole plan through. failure-proof, perfect plan. he was a little sad their stupid chasing after each other would come to an end soon, but at least he wouldn't have to constantly worry about confessing.

he wasn't hanging around y/n recently and she probably picked up on it. she's been complaining nonstop and kenma couldn't take it, so every now and then he stays at kuroo's house. kenma, you know i'm leaving soon right? you may as well not even ask me out. you promised you'd ask before i leave, what happened? blah, blah. she could at least put some type of trust into him.

he sighed as he kicked a rock across the sidewalk.

"if i'm asking her out tomorrow, why do i feel so bummed out?" he muttered to himself.

"i dunno, why do you?" a voice appeared behind him. kenma quickly turned around.

"were you listening to me? and are you following me?" he asked, raising his eyebrow in suspicion.

"nope, i just so happen to be walking the same way you are. i'm atsumu, you?"

"kenma. do you need something? because if not, i'd like to leave this conversation."

"what a loser.. kenma you said? hey.. aren't you that guy that made y/n stop talking to oikawa?" atsumu inquired, getting closer than what kenma was comfortable with.

"oikawa? she's mentioned him a few times but i never made her stop talking to him. did something happen between the two? not like i care anyways."

"oh boy, you are almost all oikawa talks about. this guy stole y/n from me and now she doesn't even send me her daily outfits! can you even believe that? she doesn't talk to me all due to some nekoma low-life. pffft. that's what he told me— if we're being honest, i shouldn't even tell you this. oikawa has a girlfriend anyways so it doesn't matter what he thinks about this y/n girl."

kenma stood in silence. he didn't realize he made such a big impact on this dude's life, all he did was hang around y/n. "i don't even know the kid, tell him to chill out. also, tell him y/n is moving soon so she definitely won't have time for him now." kenma raised his head as he saw he was at her house. "this is where i'm going. cya."

"wait can i at least get your number? you seem cool." atsumu gave him a smile, showing all his bright teeth.

"sure."