017.

y/n looked around as she waited for maya at the back of the restaurant. she watched when her breath would appear in the air from the bitter cold.

"y/n? are you back here?" a voice asked. it was dark so you couldn't see anything but the streetlights and a few cars driving.

"over here!"

the sound of heels hitting the ground slowly got closer and eventually, maya was standing in front of her.

"is.. there a reason you wanted to see me?" the shorter looked up at y/n.

"ririka told me. everything."

"i'm sorry." maya usually came off as confident and conceited, but she couldn't even make eye contact with the girl in front of her.

"i should've let you explain, but instead i just assumed you did it because you hated me." y/n paused, "would you like to go into more detail? only if it's okay with you."

"well.." maya gulped, not sure if she was ready.

"take your time." these words reassured her and she took a deep breath.

"i never really had an accepting household, so when i came out to my mom she absolutely despised me. she forced me to go out on dates with multiple guys to try and 'convert' me. "

"i wanted my mom to love me so bad. hell, i even went as far as having sex with different guys just so she could love and accept me. kenma was... one of those guys. only it's became a regular thing for us. i don't think i ever had any attraction to him. i just liked him because he gave me attention. then we started dating and three weeks later, broke up. i finally told him i was a lesbian after all of the time we spent together and i think he was a little bit mad, but other than that, accepting. i started my job as a model and that's where i met subuki— the blonde you saw earlier, who is also my girlfriend— when i got enough money i moved out and got my own apartment."

"i started streaming and blew up. somewhere around that time my mom started messaging me again, putting me back in the hole i was just in. i started to make myself obsess over kenma and then we met. i was scared that kenma wasn't paying as much attention to me and saw you as a threat. i know this isn't a reason for you to forgive me, but i just thought i could tell you the truth behind my actions."

maya finally looked up to make eye contact and that's when y/n noticed the tears in her eyes. "i'm so sorry for how i treated you, y/n. ."

y/n grabbed maya and embraced her into a hug. "don't be sorry. it's okay, let it all out. it might take a bit for me to fully forgive you, but let's forget about everything for now." y/n moved her hand to hold the back of maya's head comfortably.

"thank you."

they sat there for a few minutes. just two girls in the dark on a cold night.

"gosh, now my makeup is all messed up." maya laughed pathetically, pulling her head off of y/n's shoulder.

y/n grabbed her purse and pulled out some of her makeup. "here, let me fix it up."

this was refreshing. it was somewhat a fresh start, for both of them.