016.

"wouldn't that make you look lame if you were going out with your older sister?" y/n asked ririka.

"yeah, but you need someone right now." ririka let her head fall on y/n's shoulder. "and you've always been there for me so just think of this as a way of paying you back."

"rika, you being my sister is all i could ask for."

"alright that's enough sappy shit." the younger sibling lifted her head and dusted off her pants just to hide the fact she was on the verge of tears.

"are you about to cry?" y/n questioned with a small smile on her face.

"no idiot! now get dressed and we're leaving!" ririka stormed out of y/n's room, shutting the door louder than expected.

"she never changes.." y/n mumbled.

"wow, fancy restaurant, eh?" y/n asked, holding ririka's hand as they walked to their booth.

"yeah. i've been meaning to take you here for a bit actually, y'know, as a thank you gift. i was saving up for a long time."

the older sister just sighed in satisfaction.

as ririka looked around she noticed something.

"hey, isn't that maya?" she asked, discreetly pointing towards the tanned girl.

"huh-" y/n shifted towards the direction. "oh. yeah, it is. what would she be doing here?" she paused. "don't tell me she's with kenma.."

ririka hit y/n in the back of the head, "look closer idiot!"

"she's with... no one?" y/n guessed.

"nono! go sit down i'll be there in a minute." ririka groaned in frustration.

"see?"

y/n watched as ririka showed her a video of a girl with long platinum blonde hair walked towards the table maya was sitting at. as the pale girl sat down she placed two kisses on maya's face, one on her cheek and the other on her lips.

"wait so, does this mean maya has a girlfriend? but i thought she was into kenma?"

"they've been dating for a while now, well not including when she first met you and up until after she fucked kenma. they had broken up right before maya and kenma had sex and she was angry so.. she did pretty much the same thing you did. she never tried to purposely anger you y/n. she just tried to force herself to obsess over kenma so she could get over her ex."

"how do you know all of this?" y/n asked, looking at her with disbelief.

"she wanted to say she's sorry. for everything. she was being selfish and didn't pay attention to your feelings because she was worried about her own."

"h- what.."

"she never was into guys, she tried to be but just couldn't."

"rika where- how did you know this?" y/n asked, her face blank.

"she told me."

"just now? while you were over there?"

"no! i never went over there! she told me last night. we called each other."

"since when did you have each other's numb-"

"that's not important. i have like everyone's number."

"so for her to say she's sorry.. you must've told her how i felt, right?"

"yeah.. and i'm sorry because it wasn't my place to tell her." ririka looked down. "i just thought that you guys could be friends if you had a fresh start and heard her side of the story."

"you assumed that i would just forgive her? it'll take a bit, but thank you rika. at least i can get some backstory." y/n cupped both her hands around ririka's hands and smiled sweetly, her signature smile.

maya.

can we talk later?
like outside?

you know where i am?

yeah
we're actually at the same place right now
look over to your right

-

y/n gave a small wave to maya who was now looking at her. maya just smiled slightly and went back to her phone.

maya.

mhm we can talk

looking forward to it

-