019.

"did you need to bring your camera?" kenma asked the slightly taller girl.

"yes actually. how else are people supposed to know we're on good terms?"

kenma didn't respond due to the waiter walking towards their table. y/n on the other hand, had her mouth slightly open.

"hi, i'm subuki and i'll be your waitr- y/n? it's nice seeing you here!" subuki's gaze landed on kenma who was still looking at the menu. "oh, kozume..." (in case anyone forgot, subuki is maya's girlfriend lol)

"hi! sorry if this comes off as rude, but how exactly do you know me?" y/n asked, tilting her head.

"whoops, forgot to mention, maya tells me a lot about you. you're much prettier in person by the way!" subuki smiled.

"ah, yes, you're her girlfriend. thank you, you're gorgeous yourself!" y/n returned her sweet smile.

"thank you, thank you. anyways, can i get you guys started with your drinks?"

-
2 HOURS LATER.

"how would you feel about traveling, pretty boy?" y/n asked, raising her head to look at kenma.

"i wouldn't mind it. also, pretty boy? what kind of nickname is that?"

"i don't know because you're certainly not pretty." she teased.

"neither are you." kenma laughed.

"me when i lie."

"me when i'm not lying."

"yah, okay sure," y/n's focus went to her phone. "where'd you want to travel to?"

"maybe the states? korea maybe. i don't know."

"korea sounds fun."

"are you bringing other people?" kenma made eye contact with her.

"eh, maybe a few? obviously, rika, kuroo-"

kenma groaned at the mention of his ex-friend's name. "do you have to bring him?"

"well yeah. no idea if you forgot, but we kind of have something going on. are you guys not on good terms, still?"

"no, and aka, fanboy getting used by his celebrity crush? alright."

y/n just stared at him. right when everything was starting to go well. she thought.

"y/n— sorry. i over stepped."

"no shit." y/n's mood changed drastically. "i should be leaving soon anyways. kuroo's probably waiting for me."

"gos- y/n."

"you're a real dick sometimes, you know that right?" y/n sighed. "what a shame you're good looking."

"and what a shame you can't see the hints." kenma mumbled.

"speak up." y/n's hand slightly touched his arm.

"i'd rather not. you should get going."

"yeah, i should." y/n stood up and pulled down the dress she was wearing, which came down to her upper thigh. a fancy dress for a fancy restaurant.

she grabbed her wallet and began to walk out. y/n paid in advance and by the way, the cost was almost 600 dollars.

kenma sighed as he heard the bell above the door ring, signaling that y/n had left.

"what a fun night."